PDA

View Full Version : Jameison Laser Systems?

Larry Bratton
02-13-2007, 7:57 PM
Hello all.I am new to this forum. I am doing research to purchase a laser engraving system as a compliment to my business. I have been looking at Epilog, Pennicle and Laserpro. I have also run across this manufacturer (Jameison) that has new 24 x 36 60w for sale on E-bay. Was wondering if anyone knows this product or has had any experience with it. I am new to laser engravers but have experience with and own a Vision 16 x 24 rotary engraver and a 50" x 100" CNC router. We use these primarily for sign work and some general woodworking applications. Thanks for the info.

Frank Corker
02-13-2007, 8:18 PM
I haven't heard of one of those, but if you are buying it on ebay, make sure you only hand over cash in person when you collect the goods. It's one of the scammers favourite items to sell

Joe Pelonio
02-13-2007, 8:31 PM
Hello all.I am new to this forum. I am doing research to purchase a laser engraving system as a compliment to my business. I have been looking at Epilog, Pennicle and Laserpro. I have also run across this manufacturer (Jameison) that has new 24 x 36 60w for sale on E-bay. Was wondering if anyone knows this product or has had any experience with it. I am new to laser engravers but have experience with and own a Vision 16 x 24 rotary engraver and a 50" x 100" CNC router. We use these primarily for sign work and some general woodworking applications. Thanks for the info.
Welcome Larry. I found this website for them, sounds like a lot of features included but I'd never heard of them before but it looks like they've been in the milling equipment industry for a long time. Maybe contact them directly for a price and other information to compare with the others.

http://www.jamiesonmfg.com/lasersys/index.htm

Larry Bratton
02-13-2007, 8:32 PM
Frank, thanks, here is a link to their site http://www.jamiesonmfg.com/lasersys/index.htm . E-bay does require caution, however, I have made some large purchases on there with good success. Looks like their into other tools and machines also.

Larry Bratton
02-13-2007, 8:53 PM
Joe, the Buy it Now price on E-bay is $18,300. Looks like a pretty good package on their website. I am going to investigate a little more and talk about the warranty, support etc. I'll contact them tomorrow. In the meantime I have info on the way from the local Epilog distributor. I'll post what I learn from Jamieson.

Dave Jones
02-13-2007, 9:14 PM
It says on their site that they use glass tube lasers. This makes me suspect that these lasers are actually made by one of the many Chinese laser manufacturers. The glass tube lasers tend to be less reliable and from what I've heard they are less predictable over time as the power levels change.

Gary Shoemake
02-13-2007, 9:17 PM
I have seen them at the ARA show in Las Vegas and I believe the ARA show in Secausus NJ last year. I think that they are the same as the LTT lasers that are making an appearance in the US. The main office is in China, same as Laserpro. Some companies are building them here under their own tag. Pinnicle is a relicensed Laserpro. I believe this to be the same with Jamieson.

Gary Hair
02-13-2007, 9:36 PM
The working area seems a bit odd to me - it says
"14x20x2 high" - does it really only have 2" of vertical travel or am I misreading it?

Jim A. Walters
02-13-2007, 11:34 PM
I looked at the Jameison at the Indianapolis show last year. It is a Chinese laser with a glass laser tube. The one I looked at had a large 24" x 36" bed and a 60 watt glass water cooled tube.

The table is not powered. The 2" is all the focus range you can have. Focusing is done by loosening a thumbscrew and moving the entire head up and down.

Here is the link to their laser website: http://www.jamiesonmfg.com/lasersys/CMA/CMA.htm.

I have read on this and other forums that the user manual is poor, and support is nonexistent. The $18,800 price is too high when compared to the features, support, and reliability of the more common lasers available.

Larry Bratton
02-14-2007, 11:02 AM
I looked at the Jameison at the Indianapolis show last year. It is a Chinese laser with a glass laser tube. The one I looked at had a large 24" x 36" bed and a 60 watt glass water cooled tube.

The table is not powered. The 2" is all the focus range you can have. Focusing is done by loosening a thumbscrew and moving the entire head up and down.

Here is the link to their laser website: http://www.jamiesonmfg.com/lasersys/CMA/CMA.htm.

I have read on this and other forums that the user manual is poor, and support is nonexistent. The $18,800 price is too high when compared to the features, support, and reliability of the more common lasers available.

Good info Jim! That's the kind of info that is required to help in this decision. That being the case, I doubt I would consider allowing them to separate me from my cash!