PDA

View Full Version : Too tired to turn

Gary Herrmann
02-13-2007, 6:36 PM
We had a snowstorm here today. Nothing like NY tho. My son's school let out at 1:30, and SWMBO was at an offsite all day mtg. I thought "Ooh, I can get some turning in while he watches a movie later."

Worked for several more hours when we got home, then we hit the snow.

We sledded. We had snowball fights. We made snowangels. We sledded again. We threw more snowballs at fences, mailboxes, the neighbors...

Then I shoveled the looong driveway and a path for the dogs to the backyard so SWMBO doesn't get her dainties wet when she takes them out. All the while being pelted by guess what?

Took the dogs out for a romp in the snow. Labs are snow addicts (I need to figure out a way to hook a snow plow to them). Threw snowballs for them to fetch. Came back in, fed the dogs and the highly jealous cat. Made two rounds of hot chocolate for the mancub. Made sure the mancub showered. I showered.

SWMBO called and said she's on her way home. Told me I deserve some shop time.

But I'm too tired to turn! :o

Bernie Weishapl
02-13-2007, 6:40 PM
Gary what better way to spend the day than with the son. I only had a few of those days with my job. I wish I had had more. The wood will be there and he will grow up be gone soon. It seems like yesterday I was doing the same thing with my son. Enjoy while you can. They do grow up fast.

Gary Herrmann
02-13-2007, 6:45 PM
It is ok to look forward to when he shovels the driveway, isn't it?

I wouldn't trade a minute for an hour in the shop. 6 has got to be about the perfect age to be a Dad. Wait. I said that about 5 too. Hmm...

John Hart
02-13-2007, 6:47 PM
I'm too tired too. I was just thinking that I have to get out to the shop...but I've snowblowed the driveway and parking area 7 times today and I have to go do it again in about a half hour. Our pipes ruptured last night and I spent the morning running new plumbing so we could have hot water. Duncan (German Shepherd) likes to chase me and the snowblower, but the rest of the time, she's all snuggly warm in the barn. I'm glad to hear someone is tired from having fun!!!;) :)

Oh look! Momma just came home. Wonder how she got up the driveway? Impressive. Maybe I don't have to snowblow in a half hour! :D

Bernie Weishapl
02-13-2007, 6:50 PM
It is ok to look forward to when he shovels the driveway, isn't it?

I wouldn't trade a minute for an hour in the shop. 6 has got to be about the perfect age to be a Dad. Wait. I said that about 5 too. Hmm...

Hey scooping driveways is fair game. Let me tell ya Gary I am 60 now and my boy is 36. It was fun from the time he came into this world and is still fun being dad but even better is being grandpa to my 3 yr. old grandson. Having both well it don't get any better than that.

Pete Jordan
02-13-2007, 7:05 PM
I'm too tired too. I was just thinking that I have to get out to the shop...but I've snowblowed the driveway and parking area 7 times today and I have to go do it again in about a half hour. Our pipes ruptured last night and I spent the morning running new plumbing so we could have hot water. Duncan (German Shepherd) likes to chase me and the snowblower, but the rest of the time, she's all snuggly warm in the barn. I'm glad to hear someone is tired from having fun!!!;) :)

Oh look! Momma just came home. Wonder how she got up the driveway? Impressive. Maybe I don't have to snowblow in a half hour! :D

John,

I went through the broken pipe in the basement last night too. Luckily I heard it burst and was able to turn the water off before too much damage.

When the plumber got there he looked at the situation and asked if I had left the hose hooked up. I said, does it matter?

$137. later. Yes it does matter!

John Hart
02-13-2007, 7:17 PM
This new house is two houses that I joined with an atrium. The second house isn't ready to live in and we have it closed off. I thought I shut the water off over there....but I guess not.:o It was pure luck that one of the kids went over there last night to dig through a box, and discovered that the entire house was flooded. They cleaned while I went to find an open hardware store. No luck. I had to shut down the water mains for the night till I could get to a hardware store this morning. Had the whole day off and no turning!!! I think I have the shakes!!:eek:

Sorry Gary....didn't mean to steal your thread.

Gary Herrmann
02-13-2007, 7:28 PM
Not a problem. The general theme is not getting to turn, so I think that qualifies.