PDA

View Full Version : Reco Shop Glasses

Matt Lentzner
02-13-2007, 6:27 PM
I need some help. I've bought all different kinds of shop glasses, but they all end up being so scratched up after a short time that I end up throwing them away. I'm willing to pay good money for something that is comfortable and will last - my eyes are dear to me. Everything I see in the stores looks cheap and disposable.

Any favorites that someone can recommend?

Regards,

Matt

Dan Forman
02-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I love the glasses I got here: http://www.ontargetsportsonline.com/Shooting_Accs/Eye_Ear/Howard_Leight/HowardLeight.asp

The UVEX Genesis model. You can get replacement lenses, but mine are still in great shape after a year or so. Just be careful when cleaning them, wash then dry with soft cotton cloth, not tissue or paper towel, as they will scratch plastic. Washing gets rid of the wood dust, which is what scratches lesnses. These are supremely comfortable to wear, the soft ear pieces can be worn under hearing protectors without discomfort.

By the way, don't neglect the ear protection! Check out the Leightening 31 earmuffs while you're at it, work great and very comfortable as well.

Though the above may sound like an advertisement, I have no connection with this company or products, other than being a satisfied customer. Good service and great prices.

Dan