PDA

View Full Version : Inukshuk Needed?

James Meagher
02-13-2007, 5:18 PM
Hi all,

I am in need of a line drawing or nice picture of an Inukshuk. Does anyone have one?

Thanks in advance,

Shaddy Dedmore
02-13-2007, 7:25 PM
Can you google it (using the Images option, so all returns are images)? Not sure what would work for you...

Shaddy

Frank Corker
02-13-2007, 7:27 PM
Well now, you learn something every day, today I found out that an Inukshuk is not some sort of washer in a carburetter, but a formation of stones.

I created these from pictures on google image search, I hope they help

Bruce Volden
02-13-2007, 7:28 PM
James

I found one on google -images-large images that would work. You should have no problems converting it into a vector format if that's what you're wanting to do with it.

Bruce

Dave Jones
02-13-2007, 9:00 PM
I had never heard of an Inukshuk until a couple of days ago when an award with one was shown by a member on the engraving etc web site. You might want to go to engravingetc.org and search on that term to see the award. It won't give you an image to use, but it's worth a look to see what one looks like.

Mike Shauer
02-13-2007, 11:59 PM
An Inukshuk is part of the 2010 winter games insignia. I have a small one on my desk that may be used in some recognition things for the 2010 committee. I say may, they tend to really want things done for close to cost. I on the other hand will need to buy a new laser tube sometime in the future so my quote may or may not make it.

This particulate one is trademarked and I have already been informed as to what would happen if I used it without there expressed permission.

Cheers Mike

Dave Jones
02-14-2007, 4:14 PM
I just did a google on images of "inukshuk". It's a pretty simple concept with what looks like very few rules. Just stack some stones in the general shape of a person (arms, legs, head). Anybody with CorelDraw should be able to whip out a dozen inukshuk shapes in 1/2 an hour.

Dave Jones
02-14-2007, 5:54 PM
Here, I made one for you.

Bill Cunningham
02-15-2007, 9:56 PM
Yup!! Their getting to be popular award additions
Heres a 'genuine' Inuit plastic Inukshuk made in China
by I can only assume, Chinese Inuits....:D