PDA

View Full Version : Dead Wood Concept Takes a Gaint Step

Burt Waddell
02-13-2007, 3:52 PM
We have several users of the guided systems on this forum and a lot of us try to keep abreast of the latest developments. I know that since I was introduced to the EZ system on this forum, it has changed the way I work for the better. Dino has just introduced "The Bridge". Here is a link to a post on the EZ forum. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=51840

Pete Brown
02-13-2007, 4:18 PM
We have several users of the guided systems on this forum and a lot of us try to keep abreast of the latest developments. I know that since I was introduced to the EZ system on this forum, it has changed the way I work for the better. Dino has just introduced "The Bridge". Here is a link to a post on the EZ forum.

Looks like the Festool MFT idea. I know I love my MFT, so owners of the EZ system should like this.

It's not an original idea, though :)

Pete

Burt Waddell
02-13-2007, 4:42 PM
Pete,

It's like the Festool only in that it is a table. It has auto clamping, Easy lift for wood placement, and can you figure out the tease in the last set of photo's? That is a capability to die for.

Burt

Don Bergren
02-13-2007, 5:38 PM
I've looked at the pictures and I sure can see how it would make my woodworking easier and more productive. For me it would let me do things that most of us associate only with a table saw.

I especially like the bevel feature. It looks like one would have more control of the sideways balance of the saw on the guide rail. Now we tilt the saw and it changes the balance point of the saw making it harder to slide along the rail than it is for 90 degree cuts. With this the rail tilts and I think it would be easier because one would put downward pressure on the saw pushing the entire saw base toward the guide rail as they move it on the rail for bevel cutting (better control from a balance standpoint). To me it's a good feature.

I really can't see anything that I don't like. I like it!

Jim Holman
02-13-2007, 5:39 PM
Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I would never noticed has you not posted.

Gary Keedwell
02-13-2007, 5:56 PM
We have several users of the guided systems on this forum and a lot of us try to keep abreast of the latest developments. I know that since I was introduced to the EZ system on this forum, it has changed the way I work for the better. Dino has just introduced "The Bridge". Here is a link to a post on the EZ forum. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=51840

Burt...thanks for posting ...very interesting..

Gary K.

Pete Brown
02-13-2007, 8:02 PM
Pete,
It's like the Festool only in that it is a table. It has auto clamping, Easy lift for wood placement, and can you figure out the tease in the last set of photo's? That is a capability to die for.

Burt

I'm genuinely curious as to the differences. I have a habit of collecting tools <g>.

Everything except the tilt also works on my MFT (it has a rail with adjustable height, can do bevel cuts, can do angled cuts etc.). Taking the actual saw out of the equation (as I believe the festool saw to be superior to any circular saw I have owned or used), what's the differentiator?

Thanks.

Pete

Burt Waddell
02-13-2007, 8:35 PM
Pete,

I had a number of Festool users tell me that the Hilti 267E is the best saw they have ever had in their hand. I prefer the Hilti over the Festool but to say one is the absolute best is hard -- so much depends on what you are using it for.

Let me see if I can explain differences in the tables:

Rail tilt: I don't think this is available on the Festool. It allows the user to make a bevel cut while keeping the saw totally in balance on the rail.

Height adjustment is different. Once the initial adjustment is made with "The Bridge" it will auto adjust to any height within that 2" range - cross cut a 2 x 4 and then cut 1/4" plywood without any adjustment. Also, "The Bridge" auto clamps the piece being cut.

'Hope that explains it well enough.

Burt

Dino Makropoulos
02-14-2007, 9:11 AM
A big Thanks to moderato(s) for doing a good job in this thread.
Our ability and right to think and invent was in question here. :mad:

Thanks Burt.
Thanks SMC for helping and supporting new ideas.:cool:
Thanks Pete-Gary -Jim and Don.

YCF Dino
Eurekazone Inc.
Edison NJ
USA

russ bransford
02-14-2007, 8:00 PM
A giant step is what it takes to miss many of the potholes and other aromatic odorific obstacles along the way. My hope is that Dino does not get discouraged as he brings new things to market. His creations are aimed at application not duplication of what is already in the market. This artist does not need to get his inspiration from a form created by another. His form follows the function, or the need of a woodshop to function in a better way. Many creative people will reach a block at some time, but thanks to competitors and opposition Dino's creative juices rely on energy that is brought about by friction. So Dino, keep the fires burning and keep the wheels turning.

RB