PDA

View Full Version : New Delta Drill Press Delayed - Again!

Jeff Wright
02-13-2007, 1:18 PM
Looks like Delta's new drill press Model 20-959LX is delayed until May.

See http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=6186

David Wambolt
02-13-2007, 1:31 PM
Nice. Looks like I may have to cancel my order with Amazon.

Daniel Shnitka
02-13-2007, 4:55 PM
ETA is June for west coast Canadians on this Delta 20 959LX 20:rolleyes:

Jeff Wright
02-13-2007, 5:33 PM
I am beginning to wonder if there are some design problems with the drill. It will be nearly a year from the time I saw one at the Atlanta show last August and the time it actually comes to market. One wonders if Delta jumped the gun in introducing it. The Powermatic or Steel City model is beginning to look more and more appealing.

Daniel Shnitka
03-12-2007, 2:10 AM
Did anyone on this board go to the Atlanta show and put the drill press through its paces.
We have a video demo of a Tauton Press (fine woodworking) saying it has all the desirable features. I tbegs the question as how well they have been executed.
There must be a major show coming up somewhere in North America. Show up with a 4" by 6" by 12" block of eastern maple or oak and have at it.
Perhaps some else has a better idea of how to rigorously test the drill press with out being abusive to the the tool or the staff at the exhibit booth?
I would look for run out - the numbers hopefully lower than .005 , the variable speed - the smoothness and construction and vibration is the work piece walking off the table as the machine runs at 3000 rpm.
There are another half dozen issues to consider but those would be the top of my list.
There table tilting front to back and left to right has already been established as setting the bench mark having been in use on their other drill press models.

Jeff Wright
03-12-2007, 8:56 AM
Did anyone on this board go to the Atlanta show and put the drill press through its paces.
We have a video demo of a Tauton Press (fine woodworking) saying it has all the desirable features. I tbegs the question as how well they have been executed.
There must be a major show coming up somewhere in North America. Show up with a 4" by 6" by 12" block of eastern maple or oak and have at it.
Perhaps some else has a better idea of how to rigorously test the drill press with out being abusive to the the tool or the staff at the exhibit booth?
I would look for run out - the numbers hopefully lower than .005 , the variable speed - the smoothness and construction and vibration is the work piece walking off the table as the machine runs at 3000 rpm.
There are another half dozen issues to consider but those would be the top of my list.
There table tilting front to back and left to right has already been established as setting the bench mark having been in use on their other drill press models.

I saw the press demoed at the Atlanta Show, but not enough to truly answer your questions. I was convinced I would buy that press until the repeated delays in delivery. I just bought a Steel City press last week. I put the $500 I saved towards some nice accessories like Lee Valley brad points and forstner bits and a Woodpecker drill press table.

Nancy Laird
03-12-2007, 1:16 PM
[quote=Daniel Shnitka]There must be a major show coming up somewhere in North America. Show up with a 4" by 6" by 12" block of eastern maple or oak and have at it. [\quote]

Daniel, the AWFS is in Las Vegas the last week of July. That's the next major show I'm aware of. Everyone will be there - the Convention Center is supposed to be filled to capacity - all of it!!

Nancy

Daniel Shnitka
03-13-2007, 1:23 AM
[quote=Daniel Shnitka]There must be a major show coming up somewhere in North America. Show up with a 4" by 6" by 12" block of eastern maple or oak and have at it. [\quote]

Daniel, the AWFS is in Las Vegas the last week of July. That's the next major show I'm aware of. Everyone will be there - the Convention Center is supposed to be filled to capacity - all of it!!

Nancy
Thanks. Now, if I could jugle my holiday time. That would be show worth flying down to see.
Daniel

Jeff Wright
03-13-2007, 8:47 AM
[quote=Daniel Shnitka]There must be a major show coming up somewhere in North America.

Large show here in Tampa last week of March. I know Mini Max will be there; not sure about Delta.

Bill Fleming
03-13-2007, 2:24 PM
Also - nice picture of drillpress on the their website, finally. Also nice of them to put the link to the manual.... perhaps eventually they will actually include the manual.... follow the link and you go to their service site and login and eventually told that this product is either discontinued or obsolete.... but really they just haven't entered it into their system.... which is probably shorthand for there are lots of problems with this project which means it is probably not only behind but over budget....

Really too bad because from reaction in the marketplace they have probably hit a home run, provided they can deliver.

Cheers, Bill

Paul Levin
10-10-2007, 12:14 PM
I just checked on Amazon and they are still not available, has anyone found out the story of what is happening with this Drill Press?

Chuck Lenz
10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
They all probably had lead paint on them.

Gary Keedwell
10-10-2007, 12:27 PM
http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/bravo/vignette/thumbnails/1036535672_gif.gif Good one.
Gary

Ron Griffiths
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I ordered this drill press back in Jan and not sure if I want to wait any longer. They arte having real problems with this drill press.

Steve Milito
10-10-2007, 1:06 PM
I just checked on Amazon and they are still not available, has anyone found out the story of what is happening with this Drill Press?

I heard April 2008.

Nancy Laird
10-10-2007, 1:21 PM
I ordered this drill press back in Jan and not sure if I want to wait any longer. They arte having real problems with this drill press.

I heard April 2008.

Rather than waiting around for the Delta, which may or may not appear within the next 6-8 months, why don't you take a look at the comparable Steel City machine. You might like it better.

Nancy (72 days)

J. Greg Jones
10-10-2007, 3:54 PM
Rather than waiting around for the Delta, which may or may not appear within the next 6-8 months, why don't you take a look at the comparable Steel City machine. You might like it better.

Nancy (72 days)

Does SC have a drill press other than the 20520? The reason that I ask is because the specs between the 20520 and the Delta 20-959LX don't appear to be very comparable.

Nancy Laird
10-10-2007, 8:18 PM
Greg, At this time, the only SC DP available is the 20-520. It's a 17" DP 3/4hp with 16 available speeds (slowest is a little faster than the Delta; fastest is a little slower than the Delta). Otherwise, the two are pretty compatible. The table is a little smaller, but who doesn't put a sacrifice table on a DP anyway. It's $479.00 less than the Delta, and weighs a little less.

Just to let you know, we have the Delta 17-925 which is no longer available, and if we were in the market for a new DP, the Steel City would be sitting in our shop in a heartbeat.

You are the one who needs to determine if you need the 20-959 20" machine rather than a 17" one. I can't tell you which one to buy; I'm just suggesting a good look at the SC before you pull the trigger on one that costs about twice as much.

Nancy (72 days)

Matt Meiser
10-10-2007, 9:06 PM
Doesn't the phantom Delta also have adjustable speed through a handwheel on the front and a digital readout showing the speed and depth? If so, the Steel City doesn't have those. There is a Powermatic that does though. You pay a lot more for those features though.

Leigh Betsch
10-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Doesn't the phantom Delta also have adjustable speed through a handwheel on the front and a digital readout showing the speed and depth? If so, the Steel City doesn't have those. There is a Powermatic that does though. You pay a lot more for those features though.
I bought the PM 2800 bcause I really like the variable speed and was willing to spend the extra money for it. Unfortunatly I have had 2 machines in the last 2 weeks and have the third on the way from the service center right now. Maybe just maybe the third one will be right. This is very frustrating. Powermatic can't get them built without defects and Delta can get one built at all. I won't get into a rant about the Chinese imports, I'll leave it for each to judge.

Vic Damone
10-10-2007, 11:18 PM
In a Rockler flyer that arrived 10/8/07 they're advertising an October arrival.

Vic

Gary Keedwell
10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
In a Rockler flyer that arrived 10/8/07 they're advertising an October arrival.

Vic
Vic Damone...Your not the singer are you?:confused: :)
GK

Denny Rice
10-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Nice. Looks like I may have to cancel my order with Amazon.

I think Delta is worried about Steel City, thats why they have rushed the new line into production. I don't think anyone can go wrong with the steel city line, even though I own a Craftsman "professional series" drill press and been very happy with it. If you put the steel city and the Craftsman side by side its hard to tell them apart.

Dave MacArthur
10-11-2007, 1:35 AM
It's not the same machine, but I did buy a 17-950L and have enjoyed that one. Lowe's had a big clearance--it's a much less expensive machine. However, the table is good with woodworking clamp flanges, it has a light, a decent quill travel, and a laser. The runout is good. You might consider that as a much less expensive alternative also.

Mark J Bachler
10-11-2007, 6:44 AM
The only machine that I'm not happy with in my shop is my delta drill press. I wished I had gone with the powermatic. My spindle has never run true & I've had a few people try to get it in tune. If anyone in the northern Wish-conch-sin area is looking for a deal on one let me know.

J. Greg Jones
10-11-2007, 7:14 AM
Nancy, your original post said "Rather than waiting around for the Delta, which may or may not appear within the next 6-8 months, why don't you take a look at the comparable Steel City machine. You might like it better." Someone might interpret this to mean that the SC is available now with similar features to the 20-959LX. The differences between the Steel City and the Delta are huge-what feature of the SC, other than price, might someone like better than the 20-959LX? If price is the driving factor in the purchase decision, then the 20-959LX is not going to make anyone's short list. To recap some differences that you mention, and some that you do not:

1) Speed Settings The Delta is variable speed, the SC has 16 speeds. The Delta has a larger range of speeds, from lowest to highest.

2) Display The speed and depth settings on the Delta are a digital display.

3) Power The Delta is 1hp while the SC is 3/4hp.

4) Swing The Delta is 20" while the SC is 17".

5) Weight The Delta weighs nearly 20% more than the SC.

6) Laser The Delta includes a laser while it is optional on the SC.

7) Footprint The Delta has a larger footprint for additional stability.

8) Table Saving the best for last, the table on the Delta is, in my opinion, the single best reason to consider the Delta. Nothing about the SC table compares to the table on this press. No table from any manufacturer, other than the PM2800, can compare to this table. The Delta table looks to me like it is a woodworker's dream, and slapping a sacrificial table on a press with a machinist's table will not make it the same. The Delta table tilts to the front in addition to side-to-side, and I don't know if even the PM2800 table can do that (correct me if I am mistaken).

As I compare the two presses, the only significant features that compare is that they both include a work light and 6" of quill travel. The additional features of the Delta come with a hefty list price, but the Delta will be heavily discounted from list while the SC products are usually not, so the 2x difference between them will shrink some. An advantage in favor of the SC is a 5-year warranty compared to a 2-year warranty with the Delta.

Personally, I own a Delta 17-925 with a Woodpeckers table myself and I am very pleased with it. However, assuming that the Delta ever does ship, the table on the 20-959LX would get me thinking about trading up. I cannot say the same about the SC, as it does not have all the features (variable speed) that my 17-925 has, and I bought it new for less than what the SC sells for.

I'm more of lurker than a poster here, so perhaps I am out of line for saying this, but here goes. I've noticed that in a number of threads someone will ask about how brand "X" compares to brand "Y". You'll often chime in with a comment of "Have you considered the Steel City ________ ?" What I don't see as often is you mention that you do not own the particular Steel City tool that you are recommending. The original poster may be left with the impression that you like your Steel City _______ when in fact you don't and have not owned that particular model. I also have read here that you have a personal friendship with the management of Steel City, and that you may have a professional relationship with Steel City in the future. It might be worthwhile to mention these three facts when you make a Steel City recommendation, so that everyone is aware of your bias for Steel City. I'm not suggesting that your bias is a bad thing-just different from the real experience of owning the particular model in question and using it to do real work in your shop.

Jim Dunn
10-11-2007, 7:30 AM
I have a friend that ordered Delta's new drill press at a show in Feb. Still doesn't have it although he had paid for it when he ordered it.

John Callahan
10-11-2007, 9:18 AM
....................... you might be right. Saw a new 17-959L yesterday. Really impressive fit and finish. It looked as if had no paint on the the head- it looked like it had been sandblasted. Best looking imported drill press I've ever seen.

Brad Townsend
10-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Nancy, your original post said "Rather than waiting around for the Delta, which may or may not appear within the next 6-8 months, why don't you take a look at the comparable Steel City machine. You might like it better." Someone might interpret this to mean that the SC is available now with similar features to the 20-959LX. The differences between the Steel City and the Delta are huge-what feature of the SC, other than price, might someone like better than the 20-959LX? If price is the driving factor in the purchase decision, then the 20-959LX is not going to make anyone's short list. To recap some differences that you mention, and some that you do not:

1) Speed Settings The Delta is variable speed, the SC has 16 speeds. The Delta has a larger range of speeds, from lowest to highest.

2) Display The speed and depth settings on the Delta are a digital display.

3) Power The Delta is 1hp while the SC is 3/4hp.

4) Swing The Delta is 20" while the SC is 17".

5) Weight The Delta weighs nearly 20% more than the SC.

6) Laser The Delta includes a laser while it is optional on the SC.

7) Footprint The Delta has a larger footprint for additional stability.

8) Table Saving the best for last, the table on the Delta is, in my opinion, the single best reason to consider the Delta. Nothing about the SC table compares to the table on this press. No table from any manufacturer, other than the PM2800, can compare to this table. The Delta table looks to me like it is a woodworker's dream, and slapping a sacrificial table on a press with a machinist's table will not make it the same. The Delta table tilts to the front in addition to side-to-side, and I don't know if even the PM2800 table can do that (correct me if I am mistaken).

As I compare the two presses, the only significant features that compare is that they both include a work light and 6" of quill travel. The additional features of the Delta come with a hefty list price, but the Delta will be heavily discounted from list while the SC products are usually not, so the 2x difference between them will shrink some. An advantage in favor of the SC is a 5-year warranty compared to a 2-year warranty with the Delta.

Personally, I own a Delta 17-925 with a Woodpeckers table myself and I am very pleased with it. However, assuming that the Delta ever does ship, the table on the 20-959LX would get me thinking about trading up. I cannot say the same about the SC, as it does not have all the features (variable speed) that my 17-925 has, and I bought it new for less than what the SC sells for.

I'm more of lurker than a poster here, so perhaps I am out of line for saying this, but here goes. I've noticed that in a number of threads someone will ask about how brand "X" compares to brand "Y". You'll often chime in with a comment of "Have you considered the Steel City ________ ?" What I don't see as often is you mention that you do not own the particular Steel City tool that you are recommending. The original poster may be left with the impression that you like your Steel City _______ when in fact you don't and have not owned that particular model. I also have read here that you have a personal friendship with the management of Steel City, and that you may have a professional relationship with Steel City in the future. It might be worthwhile to mention these three facts when you make a Steel City recommendation, so that everyone is aware of your bias for Steel City. I'm not suggesting that your bias is a bad thing-just different from the real experience of owning the particular model in question and using it to do real work in your shop.
I think this is a bit harsh, although perhaps it is a bit unfair of Nancy to compare a real DP to vaporware. The real thing will always come out ahead.:D

Anyone can publish a picture of something with a list of specs, but it isn't much good if you can't buy it. All of the SC tools have gotten excellent reviews from both magazine reviews and end users. The OP can wait for months and take a chance on an early production run of the Delta, or spend half the money and immediately get, what is from all reports, a good solid machine. I know which one I would go for.

Chuck Lenz
10-11-2007, 11:20 AM
....................... you might be right. Saw a new 17-959L yesterday. Really impressive fit and finish. It looked as if had no paint on the the head- it looked like it had been sandblasted. Best looking imported drill press I've ever seen.
Interesting, where did you see that at John ?

J. Greg Jones
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
All of the SC tools have gotten excellent reviews from both magazine reviews and end users.

So which camp does Nancy fall into? My point is that to continue to make glowing recommendations of tools that one does not own and the relationship with the people at SC, without disclosing that fact, is a disservice to those who are seeking recommendations from those who do own, or use on a regular basis, these tools. I like to know the credentials of those I seek advice from-don't you?

Nancy Laird
10-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Nancy, ...

Greg, first, I take issue with your assertion that when I say "Have you considered the Steel City ________ ?" that I am making a "recommendation." SCTW is still only about two years into the market (they actually unveiled their line at the IWF in Atlanta in August, 2006). There are still a lot of woodworkers out there who either haven't yet heard of Steel City or haven't added them to their radar when considering a new machine. I recommend machines that I own--at this time I own three: a 15" planer, a 6" wedge-bed jointer, and a VS mini-lathe (a new acquisition this week--it hasn't even gotten dirty yet). Otherwise I suggest that a potential purchaser consider the machine in comparison with the one(s) s/he may be intending to purchase. There is a huge difference in those two words.

No, we don't own every machine/tool in the SC line--we already had a shop full of other brands when SC came into the market. But we have friends and acquaintances with the machines; we have both "played" with the machines at IWF, AWFS, in the store, in others' shops--and I have absolutely no reservations about suggesting that any potential purchaser of a drill press or a band saw or a cabinet saw consider the Steel City unit against Delta/PM/Jet/Grizzly or any other brand out there.

Second, my personal friendship with management of Steel City and my possible professional relationship with Steel City in the future has absolutely no bearing on the fact that I believe in the company, the machinery, and the people. My husband and I have had the opportunity to deal with the machines from the beginning and if you knew us better, you would know that if the machines were junk, we wouldn't hesitate to say so; just like we don't hesitate to say that the machines are superior, because they are.

There are others on this forum who are just as avid in defending Delta/Jet/PM/Grizzly et al, but who aren't bashed for that cheerleading. But I am. I'm getting really tired of my integrity being questioned because I happen to know the top guys at Steel City and because I like their machines. This is about 3 times on this forum and at least twice on another forum. I've been upfront and honest about my relationship with the Steel City guys and again, I state for the masses:

I DO NOT WORK FOR SCTW!!
I DO NOT MAKE MONEY FROM SCTW!!

I LIKE STEEL CITY MACHINES!

Is that plain enough?

Gary Keedwell
10-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Nancy....I always enjoy your posts. That being said, you have to remember that for every ACTION there will be a REACTION. Every time you suggest something that thousands of people read, you must expect some sort of reaction, right?. I don't really think 3 or 4 contrary posts is that extensive considering the vast numbers. Look at it from another perspective. For every ONE post SPANKING you...there are probably hundreds of posters THANKING you.:)
PS. They say it in their heads....they SHOULD post it, too.
Gary

Brad Townsend
10-11-2007, 12:46 PM
So which camp does Nancy fall into? My point is that to continue to make glowing recommendations of tools that one does not own and the relationship with the people at SC, without disclosing that fact, is a disservice to those who are seeking recommendations from those who do own, or use on a regular basis, these tools. I like to know the credentials of those I seek advice from-don't you?
How about glowing recommendations for tools that don't even exist? All Nancy was doing was suggesting what she considered, one good alternative. She didn't say it was the premier DP on the market. As for your comparison of specs, I'll put the cheapest Harbor Freight DP up against your imaginary Delta and it will outperform it every time.;)

Delta announced these new DPs over a year ago with apparently no idea when they would actually be ready. Was it a marketing ploy to forestall the purchase of competitors products, saying it would be out soon, but knowing otherwise? You see, I have my own conspiracy theories.:D And just for the record, my shop machines include four Delta and zero Steel City.

George Lesniak
10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Does SC have a drill press other than the 20520? The reason that I ask is because the specs between the 20520 and the Delta 20-959LX don't appear to be very comparable.

Steel city has a new drill press coming out in December that is comparable to the Delta 20-959LX

George

J. Greg Jones
10-11-2007, 1:24 PM
How about glowing recommendations for tools that don't even exist? All Nancy was doing was suggesting what she considered, one good alternative. She didn't say it was the premier DP on the market. As for your comparison of specs, I'll put the cheapest Harbor Freight DP up against your imaginary Delta and it will outperform it every time.;)

Delta announced these new DPs over a year ago with apparently no idea when they would actually be ready. Was it a marketing ploy to forestall the purchase of competitors products, saying it would be out soon, but knowing otherwise? You see, I have my own conspiracy theories.:D And just for the record, my shop machines include four Delta and zero Steel City.

Who is making a glowing recommendation for the Delta? Certainly not me-it's not my "imaginary Delta" although I do admit that I am intrigued by it's table. My point is that, just as Nancy says there is a huge difference between the words "recommend" and "consider", there is a huge difference between the words "compare" and "contrast". If you say a tool is comparable to a premier drill press, then they must have comparable features. The above-mentioned Delta and Steel City are more about contrasting features, although I see here where George says that SC has something comparable in the works.

As to the idea of a conspiracy theory, I don't know one way or another. It's certainly possible, but given the challenges that I hear that some PM2800 owners are having, I'd also allow for the possibility that the electronics in these new presses are a bigger challenge than what the manufacturers had anticipated. If that is the case with the Delta and if I were in the market for one, I'd rather wait until Delta gets it right as opposed to paying for the privilege of testing it. Or I'd forget the Delta and go ahead and buy the Harbor Freight! :D

Gary Keedwell
10-11-2007, 1:45 PM
Who is making a glowing recommendation for the Delta? Certainly not me-it's not my "imaginary Delta" although I do admit that I am intrigued by it's table. My point is that, just as Nancy says there is a huge difference between the words "recommend" and "consider", there is a huge difference between the words "compare" and "contrast". If you say a tool is comparable to a premier drill press, then they must have comparable features. The above-mentioned Delta and Steel City are more about contrasting features, although I see here where George says that SC has something comparable in the works.

As to the idea of a conspiracy theory, I don't know one way or another. It's certainly possible, but given the challenges that I hear that some PM2800 owners are having, I'd also allow for the possibility that the electronics in these new presses are a bigger challenge than what the manufacturers had anticipated. If that is the case with the Delta and if I were in the market for one, I'd rather wait until Delta gets it right as opposed to paying for the privilege of testing it. Or I'd forget the Delta and go ahead and buy the Harbor Freight! :D
Some real good points. Some companies have internal conflicts, usually revolving marketing and R&D (Research and developement) and manufacturing. Sometimes the communication between the departments can become clouded. Marketing listens to R&D. R&D tells marketing that the bugs are almost worked-out and were working on the prints for the machine shop. The machine shop starts working on blueprints that haven't been proofed out that thoroughly. Meanwhile asssembly is getting these parts that aren't going together that good and the engineers are making changes to the prints to re-work the parts again in the machine shop.
Around and around it goes and as mentioned above, the consumer is doing the testing that should be done by the manufacturer.
Don't want to steer this thread in different direction but I have heard that good manufacturers like Festool will get all the bugs out and have it vigorously tested before it's release to the general public. Maybe Delta is doing the RIGHT thing???
Gary

Drew Armstrong
10-11-2007, 11:58 PM
The issue seems to be zeroing the digital depth guage... It looses its calibration. I got the powermatic variable speed instead... the disadvantage of the powermatic vs. the delta is this... no digital depth guage... less quill travel... and the table does not tilt both ways. The advantage... it has been shipping for a year. It was really noisy and had some vibration till I let it run overnight one time and it broke things in nicely and it works fine... (I have had to do the same thing on a snowmobile in the past and the variable speed comes from basically a snowmobile clutch set up...

Drew

John Callahan
10-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Rocklers store in Maplewood had the 17-959L............ $549.

Matt Meiser
10-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Amazon shows the 17-959L in stock too. http://www.amazon.com/Delta-17-959L-17-Inch-Laser-Crosshair/dp/B000HGN6V2

Same price, plus $150 shipping though.

Frank Castleberry
10-12-2007, 8:54 PM
I ordered a new Delta 20-950 on 2/19/07. Amazon delayed delivery twice and then, rather unceremoniously , cancelled my order today. Not a good sign.

Pete Clifford
10-12-2007, 9:38 PM
The only drill press on the Steel City website is the #20520 17" DP. This is the model that I have, purchased in preference to the comparable Delta model. I agree that it is not comparable to this Delta DP with digital display.

Frank Castleberry
10-13-2007, 7:54 PM
Looks like it will be 2008 on Delta's new 20-959. Here's a note from the Delta site.

Pete Clifford
10-14-2007, 2:17 AM

The only press listed on the Steel City website is the #20520 17" DP. It's the one that I purchased when I was comparing it to an apples-to-apples Delta press. It is clearly not as fancy as the upcoming Delta 20-959LX, but I couldn't justify spending the extra $$ over the SC. I used the extra cash to purchase a router and table, instead.

Eddie Darby
10-14-2007, 7:11 PM
Makes me wonder if it is true that " ...good things are worth waiting for... ".:confused:

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 7:18 PM
Makes me wonder if it is true that " ...good things are worth waiting for... ".:confused:
Like what has been said before....Let them get the bugs out so we don't have to do it at home.:( :)
Gary

Michael Anderson
10-15-2007, 1:09 PM
I ordered the 20-950 model in February from Amazon. It has been delayed *many* times. I emailed Delta asking for estimate, and here was the reply:

Thank you for choosing Delta Machinery. We will receive more of these drill presses at the end of the month and they will ship to the oldest backorders on file. I regret that we have no way to tell how long it will be before you receive this tool.

Regards,
End User Services

Gary Keedwell
10-15-2007, 2:44 PM
I ordered the 20-950 model in February from Amazon. It has been delayed *many* times. I emailed Delta asking for estimate, and here was the reply:

Thank you for choosing Delta Machinery. We will receive more of these drill presses at the end of the month and they will ship to the oldest backorders on file. I regret that we have no way to tell how long it will be before you receive this tool.

Regards,
End User Services
:) At least they were honest with you.
GK