PDA

View Full Version : Military Images

James & Zelma Litzmann
02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope you are all having a good day.

Once again I come with questions. Can you guys point us in the right direction to purchase military graphics? I have some we downloaded but they are pictures not vector images.

God Bless,
James & Zelma (Psalms 18:2)

Luke Phillips
02-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi Folks! Can you give us an idea of what kinds of military graphics you are looking for? Emblems? Planes/Ships/Tanks? Unit/Organization patches? May be able to narrow down the search if you can specify.

James & Zelma Litzmann
02-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry, I really have to get out of this box someday! I need to learn all you guys can't read my mind. hahaha

We are looking for the military emblems or should I say seals (not the animals either).

Thanks,
Zelma

Jody Malinich
02-13-2007, 11:41 AM
James and Zelma,

We bought ours from "one mile up". They were spendy but exactly what we needed. We take out the "excess" liines we don't need. Just search google for them.

Jody

Joseph B. Chritz
02-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Try here,

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/?query_id=2510471&page=1&mtype=&brand_id=112999

Joe Pelonio
02-13-2007, 11:46 AM
You should look for an old used copy of Corel 5.0 - for some reason that was the best collection of clipart they ever included, and in the "crest" category they have Army, Navy, Airforce, USA, Europe and Misc.

James & Zelma Litzmann
02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Either I am reading their site wrong (one mile up) or they only want one arm and one leg. We may have to wait on this one? Thanks for your replies and God Bless.

Zelma (Psalms 18:2)

James & Zelma Litzmann
02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey, guys, thanks for all your help, your are truly a "God Send". This is what James found, http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/web_graphics/, I'm hoping it'll work, since they are colored, not sure about this. But maybe the link will help someone else.

Zelma

Jody Malinich
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Yes to an arm and leg. We thought aboout it for a while and decided that we would do more Navy than anything else (we are located by a Navy Base) that we would get Naval Combat and the Insignia Cds. Once in awhile we get requests for other branches and we just purchase that graphic we need. All in all it has worked out good for us and we have probably used 70% of the files at one time or another in the last year.

Jody

James & Zelma Litzmann
02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
We may in the near future, think about this, but we don't get that many request. It's just that we have a very special project that may land in our laps, if it does, it will be worth it, maybe not the arm or the leg but we'd have to go ahead and purchase them. Thank you so much for helping out a fellow engraver.

God Bless,
Zelma (Psalms 18:2)

Bob Reda
02-13-2007, 1:12 PM
I believe Lazzerbuzz has about all the military emblems you would want. I'm still trying to find out if they could be used for vcarving on a shop bot

Bob

Tom Cullen
02-13-2007, 7:01 PM
Go to the department of defense ( DOD ) website and you will find all the seals there FREE!

Tom Cullen
02-13-2007, 7:05 PM
Try this link http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/web_graphics/

they have them in EPS format as well.

Bill Cunningham
02-13-2007, 10:03 PM
You should look for an old used copy of Corel 5.0 - for some reason that was the best collection of clipart they ever included, and in the "crest" category they have Army, Navy, Airforce, USA, Europe and Misc.

The old corel 4, disk set and book had a very good selection as well, and I'm pretty sure they were from milehigh There also in the Corel 8 book, but I don't use that as much, because most of the graphic are in colour..

L Smith Laser Arts
02-14-2007, 5:46 AM
Jim
I'm new to this forum but I have redrawn over 50 different emblems for plaques and I am willing to share these drawings for a small charge. They are .cdr format. email me and I can get back to you.

rw2000@centurytel.net

Larry Smith