PDA

View Full Version : Short BIO and *PIC*

Randy Gleckler
02-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking around on several of the woodworking forums for a few months know and figured I should post a little information about myself.

My name is Randy Gleckler and I live in Loveland, Colorado with my wife Tammy. We've been married for 2 1/2 years. We have two children, Hobbes a Corgi runt (half the size he's supposed to be) and a Cocker named Oreo (yep, black and white). I'm currently a metrics analyst at IBM where I have worked for a little over 8 years as of Friday.
I've been woodworking for about a year now trying to pick up as much information from the WW Forum's and books as I can. My dad was never into woodworking, but my grandfather was an excellent woodworker. Unfortunately I was never interested while he was still around. Still I'm doing what I can to learn both flat work and Turning. I got a lathe for Christmas and took a pen turning class at the local WoodCraft store. After Christmas I showed my wife how to make pens as well. I've joined the local AAW club with my wife and honestly she has become better at woodturning faster than me. She's made a ton of pens and rattles that all look awesome. Below you will see my latest attempt, I think it turned out pretty good. The first couple kinda blew out on me but this one out of Aspen turned out pretty nice. Thanks and look forward to the wealth of knowledge.... :cool:

Lee Schierer
02-27-2003, 12:51 PM
We still have room for a turner or two. Welcome to the creek.

Von Bickley
02-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Randy,
Welcome to the SMC. Thanks for posting the pictures. They look great.

Ted Shrader
02-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Randy -

Welcome to the Mill. Looks like you have produced some nice work.

Ted

Jerry Todd
02-27-2003, 1:10 PM
WELCOME!!
Beautiful work.
Jerry

Bob Lasley
02-27-2003, 3:05 PM
Don't you hate it when you share a new interest with your wife and then she bests you at it? ;)

Glad you're here and the goblet and pen look great.

Bob

Dan Bussiere
02-27-2003, 3:25 PM
Yea Bob,
I was stationed at McDill AFB a few years back and tried to get my wife to run each morning with me. I usually did 1 1/2 miles next to the bay each morning. Well, she finally started and in a week she was keeping up. Yes, you guessed it week later and I couldn't keep up with her! I hate it when they do that! But, at least it wasn't so bad running behind her!
Dan

Bill Grumbine
02-27-2003, 6:50 PM
Welcome to the Creek Randy! Nice job on those turnings. I'll be catching up on your email later on.

Bill