PDA

View Full Version : Which nail gun?

David Klug
12-02-2003, 11:13 AM
I want to get a nail gun and International Tools have a PC which handles nail from 3/4"-2". It is a reconditioned model. They want $77.90 total with shipping. HD has a Senco that handles 5/8"-2" for 89.95 + tax. They are both 18 guage.

Has anyone ordered from International Tools? Was it a good experience?
Does anyone have a recomendation about which one would be the best one to get. This will probably the only one that I will get and it will be used for finish nailing. As always TIA for all the advice that you have given me.

Dave

mike malone
12-02-2003, 11:40 AM
I want to get a nail gun and International Tools have a PC which handles nail from 3/4"-2". It is a reconditioned model. They want $77.90 total with shipping. HD has a Senco that handles 5/8"-2" for 89.95 + tax. They are both 18 guage.

Does anyone have a recomendation about which one would be the best one to get. This will probably the only one that I will get and it will be used for finish nailing. As always TIA for all the advice that you have given me.

Dave

hi dave
you did't mention model numbers!!!
always go with senco (good resale)...UNLESS it is one of their new "dumbed-down" for the handyman tools (they even look different from regular senco tools)...then go with PC.
mike

David Klug
12-02-2003, 12:27 PM
hi dave
you did't mention model numbers!!!
always go with senco (good resale)...UNLESS it is one of their new "dumbed-down" for the handyman tools (they even look different from regular senco tools)...then go with PC.
mike

The reason I didn't mention the model nos. is because they weren't listed.

Jim Becker
12-02-2003, 12:28 PM

Both PC and Senco are nice guns. The 2" capacity units are good, not for the extra length as you generally will avoid that with such a small fastener...they tend to follow grain and can blow out. But the 2" units usually have more adjustability for things like depth, etc.

You didn't say what gage the guns are, but I suspect they are 18 guage brad nailers. If you are only going to have ONE gun, you may want to consider a 16 guage gun for the slightly larger fastener. But I predict you'll end up with an assortment of types over time! :D

Bought from them and also visited their store in Davie several times while traveling on business. Nice folks.

Pat Rice FL Woodworker
12-02-2003, 9:43 PM
I have over the years ordered many tools from Int'l Tools and have been very pleased with their prices and prompt service. Because I live in FL anything I have ordered from them is sent by UPS and I get it the next day. Most recent order was received this Monday.

Lowell Kinzer
12-03-2003, 1:11 AM
The Porter-Cable BN125A I've been using to install quarter-round shoe trim throughout my house has worked well and been problem-free.

I've placed a couple of orders with International Tool Corporation in the last two years. I'm happy with their service.

Cheers,

Lowell

Steven Mendes
12-03-2003, 10:38 AM
I have sent you a PM
Steve Mendes