PDA

View Full Version : Time Consuming Job

Joe Pelonio
02-12-2007, 5:50 PM
I'm doing several hundred of these, all but about 10 are the forest green numbers, the rest are the small cut black letters. There's a rounded top 1/8" acrylic background piece. Then the top 2/3 or so is 1/16" clear with a digitally printed image on the back. That is stuck onto the backbround pieces, as is the slide in sign frame for the person's name which will be engraved Rowmark. The numbers or title are laser cut 1/16" acrylic painted for the numbers, for the titles it's Rowmark solid black ADA. Then we have to apply braille strips and on the back a couple of strips of DS tape for wall mounting. I have no idea what e'll end up getting for these, as my wholesale customer OK'd my
price per minute and I'm just adding it up as we go.

Dave Fifield
02-12-2007, 6:12 PM
Nice signs Joe! You want to make them as......slow.....as......possible.......to maximize your profit (you tell them it's to make sure the quality is top notch), right? :D ;)

What are you using to stick the clear pieces to the background?

Cheers,

Frank Corker
02-12-2007, 6:19 PM
They look fantastic Joe, even better than I had anticipated (which was high)

Joe Pelonio
02-12-2007, 6:45 PM
Thanks, Frank. Yeh, Dave, I'll go slow.:eek:Seriously this guy trusts me, we've been doing business over 10 years.

Everything I laser cut with the 3M 467MP on the back. For the metal plates I use "banner tape".

Keith Outten
02-12-2007, 8:40 PM
Very nice Joe

Rick Maitland
02-12-2007, 9:05 PM
Awsome work Joe!

Shane Silcox
02-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Very nice and professional looking.

Michael Kowalczyk
02-14-2007, 6:45 PM
Nice work Joe. It is always nice to land those jobs with 100's or 1000's of units:cool:

Joe Pelonio
02-14-2007, 6:54 PM
Nice work Joe. It is always nice to land those jobs with 100's or 1000's of units:cool:
Especially when you get to do part of it twice - for full price again.

The customer provided paint didn't adhere well to the plastic (he brought American Tradition Plastic instead of Krylon to save $) so we've now gone to using the Rowmark ADA alternative pine green. After I had cut and painted all of the numbers.

Michael Kowalczyk
02-14-2007, 9:47 PM
Well Joe if you had to do the job twice sure glad it was not because of your error. It's not good to have errors on either side of the transaction but if there is one to be made it sure doesn't hurt as much when the customer acknowledges that it was their mistake and has to pony up more $$ for it and you are still compensated for your work. I know how it is sometimes when they want to supply their own material to save a few dollars but it usually ends up costing more as yours has also proven. I have had some cheap import ply brought in by a customer and it was so warped and wet that it would barely be good enough to be screwed down as a floor for a trailer to haul trash.