View Full Version : Dewalt SCMS problem

Mike Mastin
12-02-2003, 8:26 AM
My Dewalt SCMS is making some insane noises when I let off the power. I think it is the bearing on the blade shaft that is making the noise. It sounds like it is trying to seize. Anyone ever repalced the blade shaft bearing on their Dewalt SCMS before and if so, how difficult was it? I figure that if I can find a repair station to work on it, it will be a week before I get it back and that is too long of a wait.

Jason Roehl
12-02-2003, 8:40 AM
My Dewalt SCMS is making some insane noises when I let off the power. I think it is the bearing on the blade shaft that is making the noise. It sounds like it is trying to seize. Anyone ever repalced the blade shaft bearing on their Dewalt SCMS before and if so, how difficult was it? I figure that if I can find a repair station to work on it, it will be a week before I get it back and that is too long of a wait.

Maybe your motor brushes need to be replaced?

Kirk (KC) Constable
12-02-2003, 8:54 AM

I think Jaon's right. We've replaced the brushes a couple times at the mesquite outfit. The first time we waited too long and got to replace the motor ($80?)...which they blamed on the brushes. You should also be getting a distinct 'burnt' smell.

Did you buy some leg blanks the other day?

KC