PDA

View Full Version : Cherry box urn

Michael Pfau
02-11-2007, 3:53 PM
Hello all, I had a 9 year old male boxer that died. So I built his final resting place for his ashes. Just wanted to share. My daughter has the sister dog to mine, and when she passes, she will share with big brother in the same box. Cherry, with maple inlayed dog bones. Thanks for looking

Mike Heidrick
02-11-2007, 5:09 PM
Sorry for your loss?

Very nice urn.

Have a similar request from a friend.
We are thinking of adding picture frame for hers as well.

Loved the accent inlay dog-bones.

May I as some questions about design?

How will it be sealed?
How will you open it in the future?
Are you hiding screw holes?

John Timberlake
02-11-2007, 5:20 PM
Sorry for the loss of your dog. Great box for the ashes. Love the bones. Nice joinery.

Michael Pfau
02-11-2007, 5:25 PM
It won't be sealed. There is a rabbit around it lid that insets in the box. The only screws are attaching the base to the box from underneith. Green felt hides the screws. As for the lid being sealed...I am not sure what the prodicol is for an urn. My daughter wants it unsealed for now. In the future I can seal it. She was going to put pictures of him in it, and his coller.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-11-2007, 5:28 PM
Sorry for the loss of you dog Michael. The box/urn is just another example of the quality work we've come to expect from you! Well done!

Jim Becker
02-11-2007, 5:30 PM
Very nice work Michael. Sorry to hear of your loss, however.

Ron Brese
02-11-2007, 6:02 PM
Michael I work full time in my shop and for the most part by myself. To keep me company there's nothing like a good shop dog, the only problem is dogs don't live long enough and when I lose one, well lets just say it's hard. Sorry for you loss, long live the shop dogs of the world!!

Ron

James Evans
02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
That is one very nice looking urn. It is amazing how attached we become to our pets. as far as wood urns go, wood is naturaly posus and will never really be sealed. I work at a funeral home, most of our wood urns have 8 screws on the bottom that holds the bottom in place. We lave a person that makes a lot of wood urns for us that lives a couple of hours away, but I really have been thinking about making a few.

Sorry for your loss, Jamie

Jerry Olexa
02-12-2007, 1:56 PM
Very nice tribute on your part...Very well done