PDA

View Full Version : A Revelation!

Dan Larson
02-11-2007, 3:34 PM
This weekend I've been spending some time doing finish surfacing and edge roundovers on stock for a table project. As a way to force myself to expand on skills, I decided to put my jack, smoother, and block planes to work in favor of a router and random orbit sander. Wow, this is amazing... no dust, vibration, noise, or boredom... much faster too!:D

Dan

Dan Forman
02-11-2007, 5:08 PM
Planes are definately more fun than sanders, and now you have a good excuse to get a pet rat (can't wate all that nice bedding material).

Dan Larson
02-11-2007, 9:54 PM
Planes are definately more fun than sanders, and now you have a good excuse to get a pet rat (can't wate all that nice bedding material).
Or maybe some hair?;)

Mark Singer
02-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Dan,
Scrapers are great too!

Don Bullock
02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
...Wow, this is amazing... no dust, vibration, noise, or boredom... much faster too!:D

Dan

Impressive too!!!! That's something I have not been able to master, but I am planning to tackle it as soon as I can afford some decent planes. I love that shaved ribbon hanging out of the plane.

Zahid Naqvi
02-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Veritas low angle jointer $245, Veritas smooth plane $205, Veritas block plane $120, being able to listen to music while woodworking, priceless! There are somethings only hand tools can do for everything else there are power tools. :cool: :cool: