PDA

View Full Version : Spray Gun Supplies

Mike Hill
02-11-2007, 2:03 PM
I am trying constantly to improve my finishing skills and need a few supplies. Where do those of you who use spray guns get you strainers, Zahn Cups, Cleaning kits and different tips for guns?? I use a Porter Cable PSH-1.
Mike

Dennis Peacock
02-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I am trying constantly to improve my finishing skills and need a few supplies. Where do those of you who use spray guns get you strainers, Zahn Cups, Cleaning kits and different tips for guns?? I use a Porter Cable PSH-1.
Mike

Oh....I got one of those guns are it's very difficult to find parts for it. I have used that gun for about 3 years now and it is having issues. I have since dumped that gun and now own a Accuspray Turbine HVLP setup from Homestead Finishing. The very best investment I have EVER done for my finishing skills. I also get most of my specialty finishing supplies from there as well.

Curt Harms
02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Mike

Hi Mike

We had (past tense) a Porter Cable company store nearby for the extra tips and parts. That store was a great source of parts and factory reburbs, but it was closed as part of the B&D acquisition. I haven't been to it's replacement but it it's like other B&D stores, it's a great place for forest green tools and lawn mowers:( . As far as cups and kits, I would try Jeff Jewitt at homestead finishing. I haven' had any personal dealings but he gets uniformly favorable reviews. If I were looking for an inexpensive HVLP conversion gun today, I'd probably go with the purple Harbor Freight gun. It looks identical to the P-C PSH 1 and I wouldn't be surprised if the parts were interchangeable.

Bob Wingard
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Mike
AMAZON has the needle/tip sets .. .. don't know about viscosity cups.

Steve Clardy
02-13-2007, 6:49 PM
For parts. Lots cheaper in price than direct from PC

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/

Paper cone strainers.

Auto parts stores that sell auto paint.
Bag of 200 are $12.00

My guns are older than Dennis's. No issues with them.