PDA

View Full Version : What a way to Urn a living.

Kurt Sallaz
02-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey everybody,

A couple months back we made a cremation urn for a friend's dog who passed away last summer and presented it to him as a gift. My wife put two poems on the sides and the dogs name on the front with some doggie prints meandering around on it. On the back she put the spiritual meanings of the woods we used and our logo.
Well, because we showed it to some other friends and our vet before giving it away, we now have several orders for urns for pets and realtives and relatives of friends! Four veterinarians want displays for their offices. Never thought it would turn into a business!

Ginger Bosak
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
That is a nice box...

Did you make it yourself?

Karin Voorhis
02-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I too really love the box!!! Very job.... Is this something you made yourself or if not where id you get it? Just a lovely work of art.

Congrats on the good Biz dealings with them too!!!!!!!:cool:

Phyllis Meyer
02-11-2007, 3:33 PM
Dear Kurt,

Great urn! It looks fantastic! We actually got started in the laser business because of cremation urns! Long story, not for today! Here is a saying we have used on frames for pets: Thought you might be able to use it.

"Your paws have left prints on our hearts forever"!

Have a great day,
Sincerely, Phyllis:)

Kurt Sallaz
02-11-2007, 6:13 PM
Thank you for the compliments. Yes I make the boxes and my wife finishes them and then engraves them. I'll have more pictures now that we figured out how to post them. I'm currently working with a granit and marble counter top company that is local to make markers for us and we'll do custom work for their customers.

Kurt

Tom Radachi
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Congrats on all the new business! Although it's a sad time for the pet owners, you're making them feel better through your craftsmanship. Very, very nice!