PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit-Tom & Tom in Houston

Tom Hamilton
02-10-2007, 6:13 PM
Hi Creekers:

Tom Jones and I got together today for a nice chat about life, families and woodworking!

Tom PMed me last week after hearing the dealership where I bought my Steel City Cabinet Saw talking about delivering it to the same Houston suburb where he lives.

After a couple of PM's and a google map check we discover that we live on opposite sides of the same golf course from each other. Probably less than 1/2 mile as the crow flies.

As is the usual case with Creeker's. Tom is a gentleman, very knowledgable and a pleasure to visit with. We look forward to getting together again.

All the best, Tom

glenn bradley
02-10-2007, 6:43 PM
That's very cool. Most folks seem to be in the middle or on the right-coast. We left-coasters are feeling left-out. Glad you guys had a chance to visit. ;-)

Neil Lamens
02-10-2007, 6:45 PM
Now that's pretty cool!!!!!

Opposite sides of the Golf course, you're probably the only 2 guys playing with woods:) .

Jim Becker
02-10-2007, 7:04 PM
Very kewel! Creeker visits are so much fun. I have to be in the Houston area in April, I believe...if I have any free time at all, I'll try to remember to catch up with the Tom & Tom show. :) I enjoyed visiting with Todd Burch on my last trip, but that was some time ago.

Corvin Alstot
02-10-2007, 8:13 PM
Tom H/
Your shop is becomihng the SMC meet and greet center for Houston.
Sounds like you guys had fun. Your shop sure is improving since we last got together.
Best Regards,
Corvin

lou sansone
02-10-2007, 9:18 PM
it is nice to visit one another and learn from each other.

thanks for posting
lou

John Miliunas
02-10-2007, 9:41 PM
Like Karl's signature line says, "Creeker visits are the BEST!!!" Glad you had a good time! :) :cool:

David Cramer
02-10-2007, 9:45 PM
1/2 mile away? You guys should have felt the ground buzzing just from turning on some of the tools in your shops!!! Glad you guys met and had a great visit. I'm sure you'll be getting together more often from now on.

Dave

Tom Jones III
02-12-2007, 9:09 AM
Just getting back to the creek after a weekend of making sawdust. It was a great visit and nice to visit another creeker who lives so close.

Jim, I'm sure Tom's can speak for each other that we would love to see you when you are here.

Tom Hamilton
02-12-2007, 9:20 AM
Tom, the "J" one, is right, he can speak for both of us and yes, Jim Becker, we would love to have you for a visit. Let us know when you are available.

And to pick up on Corvin's "meet and greet" idea, we will do just that with a Houston Meet and Greet, in my shop, when JB is here!

Details to follow!

Yes, David there is a ground buzz in the area and the lights dim from time to time, now I know what's causing it!

Best regards, Tom, the "H" one.

Karl Laustrup
02-13-2007, 8:46 AM
Yes indeed, "Creeker Visits are the Best".

And another "Creeker" that close is great.

Karl