PDA

View Full Version : Michigan swap meet and lumber heist

Art Mulder
02-10-2007, 5:15 PM
(passing this on from Steve Ash on FW.org)

Just wanted to post this in advance for all you Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, (and S.Ontario) woodworkers...well anyone can come that wants to drive to it. It is our 1st Annual South East Michigan Woodworkers swap meet and lumber heist. Saturday, May 5th, Noon - 5pm.

This event will be hosted at a good friends shop just South of Ypsilanti, MI. Some of you may know him as Just George on another forum. It is his idea to host this event (no charge) and will hopefully consist of tools, machines and lumber for the woodworker.

Also, Steve Van Osdol of Hickory & Oak Sawmilling will also be bringing a load of lumber that day. If there is something special you'd like to pre order feel free to email him at HickoryOak@hotmail.com or call him at (269) 423-8178

If any of you would like to come to our swap meet and want directions, just PM Steve Ash on FW.org.

Hope to see some of you there.

best,
Art Mulder

Art Mulder
04-12-2007, 9:25 PM
Just a Bump, to remind folks that this is coming up.

Mario Lucchesi
04-13-2007, 7:59 AM
I plan on making a run down there to check it out.

Thank you for the reminder.

Ron Kinel
04-13-2007, 5:50 PM
can someone pm me directions

thank you Ron

Jim Young
04-13-2007, 10:37 PM
can someone pm me directions

Sent Dave your request. He'll be along shortly to give you the directions. I can only describe it from my house and that wouldn't include street names.

Stanley Waldrup
04-21-2008, 8:09 PM
I just ran across this post. I live in the ypsilanti area and wanted to know if there will be another swap this year?
Thanks
Stanley

Just wanted to post this in advance for all you Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, (and S.Ontario) woodworkers...well anyone can come that wants to drive to it. It is our 1st Annual South East Michigan Woodworkers swap meet and lumber heist. Saturday, May 5th, Noon - 5pm.

This event will be hosted at a good friends shop just South of Ypsilanti, MI. Some of you may know him as Just George on another forum. It is his idea to host this event (no charge) and will hopefully consist of tools, machines and lumber for the woodworker.

Also, Steve Van Osdol of Hickory & Oak Sawmilling will also be bringing a load of lumber that day. If there is something special you'd like to pre order feel free to email him at HickoryOak@hotmail.com or call him at (269) 423-8178

If any of you would like to come to our swap meet and want directions, just PM Steve Ash on FW.org.

best,
Art Mulder

Art Mulder
04-22-2008, 8:42 AM
I haven't heard. You could try PM'ing Steve or one of the others above.

Matt Meiser
04-22-2008, 9:19 AM
Nothing is planned yet, but we have had some discussions about Southeast Michigan Woodworkers hosting another one. Last year's was hosted by one of our members at his house. One of the things we talked about was holding at a more public place--something with a parking lot to save the wear and tear on his lawn and make it easier for people to find. If you know of a place that would host such an event (for free or next-to-nothing) please PM me.

Also, Steve from Hickory and Oak is bring a load of lumber over to the Ypsi area in a couple weeks. You should contact him directly if you want to find out more about that as I don't know any details.

Scott Shevnock
04-22-2008, 10:43 AM

best,
Art Mulder

Ummmm...isn't May 5th a Monday? As far as I knew the date is May 17th...can somebody clarify?

Joe Chritz
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM

rats post to short.

Joe