PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Woodturning Symposium

Bill Grumbine
02-10-2007, 2:39 PM
Greetings all

This coming October, there is going to be a woodturning symposium in North Carolina. Apparently it has been going on for some time, but now there is something different about it, at least for me. I have just been asked by Vega to demo their bowl lathe there in the vendor section. So, for anyone who is planning on attending, please stop by and say hello if you get the chance. I will be the handsome fellow with the well developed turning muscle. :D

Bill

Glenn Hodges
02-10-2007, 3:24 PM
Hey Bill, do you know what city it will be near?

Paul Andrews
02-10-2007, 3:28 PM
Theres one held in October in Hickory NC, hopefully this is it as it is close.

Raymond Overman
02-10-2007, 3:42 PM
Bill,

I'm negotiating being there with the SWMBO and so far things look positive. I look forward to finally meeting you.

Glenn,

It's going to be in Greensboro I believe. About an hour and a half north of Charlotte.

Bill Grumbine
02-11-2007, 5:36 PM
Glenn, Raymond is right, it is going to be in Greensboro. The dates are (I think) Friday, Oct 5 to Sunday Oct 7. I am sure avbout the 6th and 7th, but not clear on the 5th. Perhaps we will get the chance to meet again.

Raymond, I will look forward to meeting you there!

Bill

Brian McInturff
02-11-2007, 6:30 PM
Way Kool!! I will be at this one so I'll finally get to meet the "Big Man". How big of an event does this end up being anyway. Looking forward to meeting several people and putting faces to names. Luckily Greensboro is only about 3 hours, less on a good day, drive for me. I'm hoping to pickup some decent wood while I'm there also. Brian

Tom Sherman
02-11-2007, 6:36 PM
Just so some folks know these things are a blast, went the one here in Virginia this year. Had some great Demo's and the gallery was awsome. One of the vendors had some of the most beautiful wood I have ever seen. Would be worth your while to go if possible.

Jeff Myers
02-12-2007, 8:20 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Bill ! I'm putting it in my calendar now.
G'boro is only an hour and a half or so from me,,,glad to finally have a show so close by.
Looking forward to finally meeting you and hopefully a few other creekers
as well.

Mark Pruitt
02-12-2007, 8:31 AM
I will be the handsome fellow with the well developed turning muscle. :D

Bill
I don't know much about being handsome but I'm learning all about the value of having a turning muscle!:rolleyes: Of course Bill I'll see you at least once before then;) and possibly twice (5 Barns?) but I'm glad to know the October dates so I can try to work out my schedule in advance.

Jim Tobias
02-12-2007, 3:29 PM
Bill,
Sounds great! I'm an occasional, novice turner (mostly flatwork unless it requires a rounded piece), but this is a great excuse to go (and I don't need a great excuse!) and Greensboro is only 30 minutes away for me.

As it gets closer, post times, etc.

Jim

Bill Turpin
02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Try northcarolinawoodturning with the dot com. The site still needs a lot of development, but the demonstrators are listed.

Bill in WNC mountains

Linking to an AAW sponsored chapter or symposium website is just fine,

Here's the link - http://www.northcarolinawoodturning.com/

Andy