PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker drill press table on sale

Rob Blaustein
02-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I'd like to get a drill press table and the two offerings from Woodpecker (http://www.woodpeck.com/drillpress.html) look pretty good and seem to be well liked by many, gauging from prior posts. The one that's on sale is the quick stop LP (for $109). I was just wondering if anyone has actually seen both or has a sense of which might be better for general use. Yes, I know I can make my own, but I have lots of other things lined up to make and making well made jigs isn't something I want to do right now, and I'm getting tired of trying to clamp things to a makeshift table.

Rich Konopka
02-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Rob,

I picked the Quick Stop up a year ago and it is a nice complement to my DP. The only real difference I had seen between the two is the quick stop and the track lock. I too purchased mine with the enewslettter discount. For $10 difference 99 vs 109 it isn't a big difference.

I don't have the time to build my own and I am lucky enough to have time these days to turn on the lights in my shop. I have purchased many items from woodpecks and they are absolutely a great company to do business with.

Cheers

Vijay Kumar
02-10-2007, 5:22 PM
Is it possible to switch out the low profile fence and add a taller (3 or 4 inch tall) fence for those tall jobs. How is the low profile fence secured to the table-- can that system be used for a shop made fence? I am asking because the woodpecks web site does not show this detail
Thanks for your input.
Vijay

------------------------------------------------------

Rob,

I picked the Quick Stop up a year ago and it is a nice complement to my DP. The only real difference I had seen between the two is the quick stop and the track lock. I too purchased mine with the enewslettter discount. For $10 difference 99 vs 109 it isn't a big difference.

I don't have the time to build my own and I am lucky enough to have time these days to turn on the lights in my shop. I have purchased many items from woodpecks and they are absolutely a great company to do business with.

Cheers

Vijay Kumar
02-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Bump, in the hope somebody has an answer

David Giles
02-12-2007, 3:48 PM
The low profile fence has a T-track on the bottom side. It looks just like the top side, but without the recess for the scale.

To make a tall fence, one could attach put a bolt through a 3/4x3/4 board. Attach a elongated flat nut on the bottom that slides in the DP table T-track. Tighten the bolt from above. The tall fence could be screwed to the board.

Or mount a T-track underneath the tall fence (on the narrow side) and use the existing lock levers to position it.

Vijay Kumar
02-12-2007, 5:04 PM
The low profile fence has a T-track on the bottom side. It looks just like the top side, but without the recess for the scale.

To make a tall fence, one could attach put a bolt through a 3/4x3/4 board. Attach a elongated flat nut on the bottom that slides in the DP table T-track. Tighten the bolt from above. The tall fence could be screwed to the board.

Or mount a T-track underneath the tall fence (on the narrow side) and use the existing lock levers to position it.
David,

Thanks. That was just what I was looking for.

Vijay