PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Cabinet Saw

David Baumann
02-10-2007, 8:41 AM
My first posting! Any "Creekers" out there know of or have a older (repairable) cabinet saw? Currently I have a contractor style saw and it has been challenged by some of my cutting jobs. My situation is that I am currently working a full time job and trying to hussle side jobs to keep the household affloat, for the past 3 years I've been putting my wife thru college (nursing) and juggling my schedule to care for my two sons. My sons both have forms of AUTISM, my 14 yo has "Asbergers syndrome" or a funtional Autism and in a special needs private school. My 7 yo is "mildly Autistic" and doing fairly well in main stream schooling. My goal is to work out of my garage and be home to care for my boys on a daily basis with summer fast comming and their being out school and my wife starting full time clinicals for school, weekly baby-sitting not a real option. My current schedule is taking a toll on me and at some point my machinery, I am not looking for a hand-out or charity, willing to work out deal. Thanx for listening to my story.Help in Orlando! Dave

Charles McKinley
02-10-2007, 9:43 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the creek.

If your challenge with your current saw is breaking down sheet goods I would do it with a circular saw and a homemade guide just to get it into safer sized pieces for your saw.

I don't like cutting full sheets on my cabinet saw.

Good luck on your business.

Pete Brown
02-10-2007, 11:25 AM
If you want to do sheet goods, you can't beat the Festool TS 55 or TS 75 saws with the guide rails (get the 8ft+ one for ripping and the 4ft+ one for cross cutting). Combined with your existing saw, you'll be able to do a lot without killing yourself. I use my TS 55 for all my sheet goods breakdown.

www.festool-usa.com (http://www.festool-usa.com)

Pete