PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker Quicklift w/7518 alignment Issue

Steve Sharp
02-10-2007, 7:42 AM
Hello Creeker's, I've been lurking about this site for a couple of years learning much and enjoying myself.
A Quicklift followed me home last December and overall I have been real happy with it. One issue though. I noticed early on in its use that the PC router collet was not centered below the tops router bit hole. A call to Jason @ Woodpecker resulted in my attempting to correct this via loosing a couple of hex head screws on the main support arms-this ultimately failed when the 2nd of the 2 hex's stripped out. I consequently paid to ship lift back to Woodpeckers for them to repair/align. Over a week later lift returns - still out of alignment. It is still probably 3/16's offset from being perfectly centered. (Do not think the 7518 is the issue as the alignment is off regardless of which way I rotate the router) This does not bother anything that I've used it for yet and short of using bushings probably never will. It just peeves me that a lift that is specifically made for the PC router is leaving the factory not properly aligned. Is it just mine or are others seeing this too?
Thanks, Steve

Carroll Courtney
02-10-2007, 8:46 AM
Do you know of someone that you can install your router in their lift to see if its center or not.Or try another router.I'm with you if its made for that router,then it should work.Maybe they will exchange it for another or a refund.Good Luck!

Mike Goetzke
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm surprised they made you pay for repair and return for something they authorized you to do. Their lifts are guaranteeded for life. Since you rotated the router and the off-set is the same - it has to be the lift. From my experience with them with some small issues with a QL for my Milwaukee I'm sure they will take care of you.

John Lucas
02-10-2007, 1:59 PM
Steve,
I just went to shop and checked my unit. Of course, I coulndn't find a centering bit - probably 20 out there, but.... But I did use a bit that fits one of the holes pretty much. Looking straight down, I can see that it is within 1/16th of an inch. I have exactl same router (PC7518) mounted. Probably the "error" you have won't effect anything but since you will have it along time and the lift is at a price, I would stay on them...if nothing else, they can give you a new one. Return shipping is usually our cost...but that is all.

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/copy_of_www_woodshopdemos_com/fes-va38.jpg

Steve Sharp
02-11-2007, 3:34 PM
Thanks for your comments. I'd posted my original thread on Sawmill and Woodnet and both groups had responses indicating my lift was more of an anomaly than the norm. So I'll give the good Woodpecker fols a call again next week and see what can be worked out. Thanks, Steve