PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to DeWant service

Rick Potter
02-10-2007, 3:33 AM
I bought a DeWalt router a while back from Lowes clearance table. It was missing some parts and I figured I could buy them from DeWalt directly.

To make the story short, I moved and it got forgotten for quite a while...like maybe two years.

Called DeWalt a few days ago and told them my problem..I was missing the collet and nut, the plunge adjustment mechanism, and the manual. To my surprise they offered to send those items to me free of charge. Wow.

I got the items yesterday, and installed them. Now my $40 clearance deal is a complete gloat.

This is not the first time they have been great either. Thanks DeWalt.

Rick Potter

Glen Blanchard
02-10-2007, 4:56 AM
What do you call a strong craving for a yellow and black power tool?

>
>
>

Answer....."A DeWant". Sorry - couldn't resist.

Dewayne Reding
02-10-2007, 8:10 AM
Another Dewalt fan. I have ordered several refurb tools for very cheap. A few times they arrived with a scuffed part or two. A quick call to the 1-800, and they will send out brand new parts no questions asked. I've never even been asked to provide any proof I bought a Dewalt tool. Same deal with Craftman. Orion will have new parts on your door step lightning fast. Have P/Ns ready and make it easy for them. Customer service for wood tool manufacturers seems pretty darn good compared to other hobbies I have had.