PDA

View Full Version : Jessem slider adjustment

Doug Mason
02-09-2007, 10:31 PM
This weekend I'm going to take the left cast-iron wing of my tablesaw top(that I took off to put the Jessem slider on), and tap it to attach the slider to it. This will give me an extra foot of tabletop width. The only problem I can see in doing this is that the fence will not be strong enough since it's hold-down bolts will be so far away from the blade/force--which will knock it out of alignment. Has anyone tried this? Or called Jessem to see why it can/can't be done?

James Biddle
02-09-2007, 11:42 PM
My guess is that it will throw off the miter usage.

Mark Carlson
02-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Doug,

I took my left extension wing and bolted it to my right extension wing. I had to drill holes in the right extension wing and had to shim the left extension wing to get it to sit flat. I hated to lose the cast iron surface and didnt want to store the extension wing somewhere. This worked out well. I like having the extra cast iron to the right of the blade.

I've read about a few people doing what your suggesting. Many have asked on various forums if its possible. The concensus seems to be that you really want to keep the pivot point of the fence as close to the blade as possible. Call Jessem and ask what they think. I'm sure it gets asked a lot.

~mark