PDA

View Full Version : BOW Cigar Trio

Ron Raymond
02-09-2007, 9:54 AM
I've posted this over on the penturners' forum, but thought I'd post here too. Here's my first photo post. Having turned a grand total of 4 slimlines and a cigar, I found myself with a special purpose for penturning. My son's Cub Scout Den crossed over to Boy Scouts last Friday and I wanted to do something special for my fellow Den Leaders. We took our Scouts to WC for a penturning class back in November, and everyone thought it was one of the best activities we've done. My son and I had such a good time, that's why we got a lathe and started turning at home. I presented the Leaders with these BOW cigar pens as a token of appreciation for all their hard work over the last few years, and as a remembrance of one of our favorite activities. Sanded through 400 with an amatuerish attempt at Russ's CA/BLO finish. Pen critiques/suggestions are welcome and appreciated...no need to tell me my photography stinks!
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=57422&stc=1&d=1171033028

Nancy Laird
02-09-2007, 9:57 AM
Ron, the pens are beautiful, and I don't see anything wrong with your photography--much better than mine, they are in focus! And what a nice gift for the leaders.

Nancy

Ron Journeau
02-09-2007, 9:59 AM
Very nice finish and choice of wood, and photography is just fine to me, nice and clear

Barry Stratton
02-10-2007, 1:55 AM
Excellent 1st photo post! I'm sure those were greatly appreciated.

Doesn't that olive smell good when you are turning it?

John Chandler
02-10-2007, 2:02 AM
Very nice looking pens. Good work.

Jonathon Spafford
02-10-2007, 2:19 AM
Beautiful pens... you did a great job!!

Bernie Weishapl
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Ron the pens are beauties. They will make great gifts.

Lars Thomas
02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Looking good. I;m sure they will be appreciated. lars

John Miliunas
02-13-2007, 6:31 PM
The photography is fine but, I like the pens better! :) Really, superb looking pens and very thoughtful gesture on your part! :) :cool: