PDA

View Full Version : Another Steel City TS Gloat

Justin McCurdy
02-09-2007, 8:29 AM
Well, after mentioning it for weeks now, I finally have pictures of the new TS. This is by far the largest woodworking purchase for me ever, at least for awhile.

I figured everyone would like the fact that it is already dirty (MDF). I plan on doing a full review when I get some more time on the saw. I thought the miter gauge fence was perfect, seeming as though I already had a v27 ready to go.

Justin

Eric Shields
02-09-2007, 8:47 AM
Justin,

Finally proof for the pic police, at least your now out of their reach. Congrats on your new saw (officially). As I mentioned in your SCTW Customer Service Thread, I'm considering STCW for when I upgrade my equipment. However, that is a long way off for me, you just enjoy your new saw and make some more saw dust :)

Eric

Mike Goetzke
02-09-2007, 8:58 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Don Bullock
02-09-2007, 9:26 AM
Congratulations!!! It looks like you're already enjoying it. Enjoy.

Ted Miller
02-09-2007, 9:37 AM
Justin, Nice piece, please throw some dust on the floor or you may get banned from here, lol, thanks the dust police...

Pete Brown
02-09-2007, 9:40 AM
That's a great looking saw. I've heard good things about them too. Congratulations!

I think a dust collector is your next big purchase ... and soon! Cleaning in there is going to get old fast. :)

Hmm. I think Oneida has a sale this week :cool:

Pete

Paul Douglass
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Did you have the saw shipped to you or did you pick it up at a store?

Congrats by the way, I know I'm jealous...

Justin McCurdy
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
I already have a dust collector (large jet in the background) and an air filtration system (jds hanging right above the saw). Amazingly, these two in tandem do a great job. Size constraints have prohibited me from getting an Oneida, but it would be cool.

I picked up the saw at the local power tool store. I drove an extra 40 minutes because the really local stores are constantly out. They order three and then those disappear before they ever have a chance to become available. If I am spending 1500, I don't want to wait. It would drive me crazy.

A note on picking it up: Take the box off and remove the 2 cast irom extensions from the top and the boxes of goodies from inside and on the side of the cabinet. This knocks about 100 lbs. off of the weight of the saw. Replace the box and then reband (you can do that with wire ties if need be).