PDA

View Full Version : I feel obligated to attend a retirement gathering.....

Ken Fitzgerald
02-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Out of the Navy in November of '76, I was employed by a company headquartered out of Solon Ohio. I attended a 13 week school on their new Cat scanner. Out of school in February, the LOML and I flew to Bend Oregon and after spending a week looking at houses, we bought our first home. When I returned to Solon they didn't have anyplace in the field to send me so...I went to work in final test in their CT production plant and there I met Brian. A couple of weeks later Brian transferred to Service and attended the same school I'd just completed. After completing the school Brian transferred to Missoula, MT.

In March of this year I'll have the distinct pleasure of knowing Brian and working with him for 30 years.

The weekend of February 16, 17, and 18th they are having a retirement get together for Brian. Now, normally I don't enjoy these type of functions but ....I got invited even though I don't work with the Montana FEs....We can bring our spouses.........so......West Yellowstone, MT....dinner....and then Sunday.....snow coach day long tour of Yellowstone Park....meals and motel....all at the company's expense......I'll be there...I may even bring my snow shoes...and yes..I really do have 2 pairs of snowshoes and know how to use them!

This is a big Pre-gloat....Photos following the event!

Dennis Peacock
02-09-2007, 7:54 AM
Congrats Ken. I'm envious of all you folks that get to visit all these great places as well as getting to play in the snow. Have a most wonderful time my friend and post me some pics so I can figure out what real snow looks like. ;)

Karl Laustrup
02-09-2007, 7:54 AM
That sounds like a great time Ken. A chance to get away and see an old friend. Pictures of Yellowstone in the winter. :) Will be awaiting the update.

Are you driving? If so, are you taking the lathe? ;) :eek: :D

Karl

Jeffrey Fusaro
02-09-2007, 8:24 AM
ken--

sounds like a great trip!

will you be firing up the lathe to make a retirement gift?

after 30 years of working together, maybe something like...

30 matching pens :eek: ,

or

30 matching bottle stoppers :eek: ,

or

30 matching knobs - now that you've got that under control :eek: :D :eek:

LOL!

sorry... i couldn't help myself. i just finished reading your 'fiat lux' post.

John Shuk
02-09-2007, 4:37 PM
Ken,
It's nice to know that there are companies still doing nice things for their employees when they retire. I know my company has whittled away at many of the quality of life things that we used to take for granted.
Enjoy the trip.
john

John Chandler
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I bet you have a grand time. Enjoy. Looking forward to the pictures - and maybe you can pick up some wood while you are there.

Jerry Olexa
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Ken...Enjoy it..Sounds like a great time. Yellowstone in winter should be beautiful. Saw a PBS special on that not too long ago..

Ken Fitzgerald
02-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks guys! Sharon and I leave Friday........we'll probably drive to Bozeman...spend the night and then spend Saturday driving from Bozeman to West Yellowstone. Saturday night....retirement dinner and the Sunday the Snow coach tour of Yellowstone.....The snowcoach looks like a normal sized van mounted on snowcat tracks..........Should be a fun time. Sharon started charging camera batteries Sunday morning.......The camera Queen decided to not take her 35mm....She is taking her APS camera, digital camera and the cam-corder....:rolleyes: