PDA

View Full Version : drive belt for jet 1442vs

roy knapp
02-08-2007, 7:24 PM
Jet wants $4.98 for the drive belt on the jet 1442vs and thats not bad but what is bad that they will charge $20.00 dollars to ship it. :confused: :confused: :confused:
there must be another sorce for that belt

Bob Noles
02-08-2007, 9:06 PM
Hi Roy....

Long time no hear from. that new lathe must be keeping you busy ;)

Call these folks http://www.redmond-machinery.com/ and I believe they can fix you up.

Christopher K. Hartley
02-09-2007, 8:07 AM
Roy, go to the hardware store that carries belts for small motors. I went to Ace Hardware. I got my 1442 belts for 4.99. I must confess that was after paying the $20.00 shipping only one time. The belt size is in your manual but if you can't find it, PM me and I will send you the size tonight. If you haven't changed the belt before and run into trouble PM me and I'll give you my cell number.:)

Al Wasser
02-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I lost a screw out of the tail stock on my 1442. Went to the web site and the part assembly was $6.00 but $20 to ship --- I'm sorry but one size does not fit all. I went to a local store and the guy found a screw that would work and I paid 25 cents

Bill Boehme
02-09-2007, 10:50 AM
This is very interesting news. It gives me second thoughts about buying from Jet. The last time that I bought any parts from Delta (about 1 year ago) they were charging actual shipping cost. The only time that I bought any parts from Jet (about 10 years ago) they also were charging actual shipping cost.

Bill

Dario Octaviano
02-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Try local auto parts stores like PEP Boys, AutoZone, O'Reilly, Advance, etc.

Larry Crim
02-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Roy
Dario is correct you can get the same belt at any auto store just take the original one with you, Jet also sells what they call a premium belt that they want about 20 dollars for, I asked and all it is the same belt with the little noches in it.
Larry

Dick Strauss
02-09-2007, 2:20 PM
Roy,
Above and beyond what others have said...you may also consider a lawnmower shop since they have extra heavy duty belts that work well in a dusty environment.

Paul Engle
02-09-2007, 2:24 PM
Roy take the belt to your automotive parts place ... they goottem.

Mark Pruitt
02-09-2007, 2:47 PM
Has anyone actually talked to a live human being at WMH and been told that there is a $20 shipping fee regardless of the fact that it is a small "envelope size" item, or are you just seeing that on the website?

It's actually pretty outrageous and should be addressed with someone high up the food chain within WMH. Since I just purchased a new PM lathe this will eventually affect me and I don't like the sound of it.:mad:

Bernie Weishapl
02-09-2007, 5:07 PM
Mark my neighbor ordered from Jet 6 of the set screws for his. He stripped the head on one with his allen wrench. Yep I think he told me $2.25 for the screws and $20 shipping. He ordered a belt from them in November $4.98 and $20 shipping.

Bill Boehme
02-10-2007, 8:10 PM
If you will look at your owners manual, the industry standard belt size is given -- it is a 3V250 which is a very common belt size that you can get at almost any place that has an assortment of belts. This is a size that is very common on lawnmowers, tillers, edgers, snowblowers and a host of other small machines that run on small gasoline engines. I'll bet that you can find it at most hardware stores, auto parts stores, Lowes, Home Depot, lawnmower repair shops, etc.

The size 3V is a typical small machine V belt and 250 indicates that it is 25.0 inches in circumference.

Bill