PDA

View Full Version : help with amazon.com

Jerry Evans
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
yesterday I got a shipment from amazon and everything seemed ok except the 2 bessy clamps which the packaging was in shambles and the black plastic on the ends of both where broken off and missing....can anyone point me in the right direction on how and where on the amazon site I report this...TIA.....was my first order to amazon...

Chris Merriam
02-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Just login and at the top right there is a link to "your account". Click that and it's pretty self explanatory from there.

The entire process is pretty automated, you likely won't speak to anyone on the phone. Just follow the directions and return the package.

I used to work at Amazon and actually managed the returns process in the warehouse. They are very good about returns.

Jerry Evans
02-08-2007, 1:28 PM
thank you for your quick reply...the problem I have is I threw away the cardboard it came in and the trash man already took it...I didnt realize the bottom feet where missing until this morning when a friend of mine came over and looked at them and told me...as you can see I am really new to woodworking..

Rick Levine
02-08-2007, 1:30 PM
Don't bother contacting Amazon. I had the same thing happen. I called Bessey (http://www.besseyclamps.com/contact_us.htm) directly and they sent me some.

Jerry Evans
02-08-2007, 4:02 PM
thanks again for the replies...I contacted Bessey by phone and they are sending me the 2 feet right out...customer service seemed great..thanks again

Jeff Wright
02-08-2007, 5:15 PM
I just received two of the four 60" Bessey K Clamps and one had both the black hook tip broken as well as one side of the red plastic clamp sections. I am still waiting for the other two; each one is being shipped one at a time. These were packaged in a fairly thin corragated box material; each with parts of the clamps sticking out of the packaging by the time they arrived at my front door.

Last October I ordered a bunch of the cabinet door sets. I didn't open the boxes until the day before yesterday when I discovered one of the box sets was missing a 24" K clamp. I went to Amazon's website and clicked on the Request For A Call From The Customer Rep button. Within a minute and the phone rang. Unfortunately I could not understand the Asian woman on the phone. I tried to explain I only needed one of the clamps, not the entire kit. Finally, she said she would have a supervisor call me within 24 hours. No call came so I went back to the site and instead sent an email describing the entire situation (including the fact that I could not understand the woman on the phone). Today I received an email saying they were sending an entire kit out two-day delivery.

I figure I made all the attempts I'm going to to explain that I only needed one clamp, not the whole kit. Guess I'll just enjoy three extra clamps and the four black plastic cabinet door clamping blocks at no charge!

If their service was outsourced to India in my case, this is an example of where they are NOT saving money on their customer service by going offshore.

Howie French
02-08-2007, 8:03 PM
thanks again for the replies...I contacted Bessey by phone and they are sending me the 2 feet right out...customer service seemed great..thanks again

same thing happened to me, this must be pretty common.
Bessey send me replacements as well.

Howie

Mike Goetzke
02-08-2007, 9:03 PM
Amazon customer service: 800-201-7575

Amazon: 800-358-3096

Amazon Express Ordering: 800-635-5140

Michael Disorbo
02-08-2007, 9:06 PM
I has this happend as well and Amazon will want you to return the clamps for new ones. The best thing to do is contact Bessey, they sent me new ends at no charge and had them in a few days!!

Tim Morton
02-08-2007, 9:24 PM
wow...I have about a dozen bessey clamps and never even noticed the black ends:eek:

Steve Kohn
02-08-2007, 9:57 PM
I had 2 60 inch clamps delivered today. Both were out of the cardboard packaging. I will say that it makes it really easy to identify what the driver drops at the door.

One clamp was missing the black foot and one had the plastic on the head cracked. At least I was able to make one full clamp by moving the foot to the clamp with the good head. I logged onto Amazon and printed out the return label. I repackaged the one unit and will send it back, at Amazon cost, tomorrow.

It seems to me that Amazon could save a lot of money by spending a little bit on packaging and training the guys doing the packing.

Dave Lehnert
02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
I just received two of the four 60" Bessey K Clamps and one had both the black hook tip broken as well as one side of the red plastic clamp sections. I am still waiting for the other two; each one is being shipped one at a time. These were packaged in a fairly thin corragated box material; each with parts of the clamps sticking out of the packaging by the time they arrived at my front door.

Last October I ordered a bunch of the cabinet door sets. I didn't open the boxes until the day before yesterday when I discovered one of the box sets was missing a 24" K clamp. I went to Amazon's website and clicked on the Request For A Call From The Customer Rep button. Within a minute and the phone rang. Unfortunately I could not understand the Asian woman on the phone. I tried to explain I only needed one of the clamps, not the entire kit. Finally, she said she would have a supervisor call me within 24 hours. No call came so I went back to the site and instead sent an email describing the entire situation (including the fact that I could not understand the woman on the phone). Today I received an email saying they were sending an entire kit out two-day delivery.

I figure I made all the attempts I'm going to to explain that I only needed one clamp, not the whole kit. Guess I'll just enjoy three extra clamps and the four black plastic cabinet door clamping blocks at no charge!

If their service was outsourced to India in my case, this is an example of where they are NOT saving money on their customer service by going offshore.

Jeff!

Don’t get too excited about free clamps. If you have a problem Amazon will send out a replacement right away but give you X amount of days to return the defective set back to them or they will bill your card for the new set.

Karle Woodward
02-09-2007, 3:53 PM
I received two broken Jet clamps from Amazon today. Sadly, calling Jet did nothing. They weren't willing to help at all. I guess I've got to deal with Amazon. I do appreciate the information in this thread.

BTW, Jet has the worst "on hold" music I have ever heard. Nails on a chalkboard would be about as pleasant.

Karle Woodward
02-09-2007, 4:06 PM
I called a second time and got a different operator and they are sending me replacements! I love jet products and I'm glad they stood up and did me right (like Bessey does). But their music still sucks (but I can live with it).

"Michael Hinkel"
02-09-2007, 4:49 PM
Got 4-40" Bessys yesterday, one jaw is broke, did the return Through my page on Amazon, my understanding is the new clamp will be sent before they even get mine.

glenn bradley
02-09-2007, 4:53 PM
Ditto, but from Rockler a couple years ago. They sent new feet right away. the factory packaging is apparently no better than Amazon's. Maybe it's the same(?). No big deal, quickly resolved.

Anthony Anderson
02-09-2007, 5:14 PM
Hey Tim, I don't think that Besseys have always had the little black feet on the end. I believe they only did that in response to Jet's adjustable clamp feet, and only within the last few years. I have seen the Jet Clamps and they have certainly built a nice clamp. Regards, Bill

wow...I have about a dozen bessey clamps and never even noticed the black ends:eek:

Rick Levine
02-09-2007, 5:28 PM

The older models don't have them.