PDA

View Full Version : Steel City Customer Support Gloat

Justin McCurdy
02-08-2007, 9:29 AM
After receiving my new SC cabinet saw (yes, I still have yet to post pics), I had two problems.

1: A few light scratches in the cast iron.
2. The ruler affixed to the guide rail was about .5 inches from where it needed to be.

After spending a little time removing the scratches with my ROS and 320 grit paper, the top is now 99.9999% perfect. Last night I returned home to a shiny brown box. In which was enclosed a new ruler for the saw and an 80 tooth ATB blade for my troubles. I can't wait to screw that baby on and take it for a spin.

SC customer support is second to none!

Justin

Don Bullock
02-08-2007, 9:42 AM
Justin, congratulations on your new saw. Yes, we need pictures. I have heard others praise the service from Steel City. That's one reason I'm planning on buying one of their mortisers this month. I just hope that the treatment their customers are getting is not just because they are a new company trying to establish a place in the market.

Rich Bay
02-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I had excellent results with Steel City CS. When I recieved my shaper one of the fence adjustment knobs was slightly dented. After a call to CS I recieved a replacment within a week.

Eric Shields
02-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Justin,

An additional congradulations on your new saw. It's great to hear that STCW is conducting customer service as it should be, and not what it has grown to be (or at least seems to be with companies in the US).

Can't wait to see the pics of her all set up and making dust. Though I'm a good year away from upgrading my tools, SCTW has certainly gained my attention. I would love to continue to hear of your impressions and experiences with your saw. Thanks for sharing.

Eric