PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Delta Customer Service

jonathan snyder
02-08-2007, 1:15 AM
Hi folks,

I'm pretty pleased with Delta customer service right now. I posted last weekend about the purchase of a several year old, but unused, 37-195 jointer http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=51128 The only issue with this machine was a slightly cupped and bowed fence. Well, the price was right so I bought it. I called Delta on Monday, told them the story and asked for a new fence. I was politely told that there was nothing they could do, as it was out of warranty. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and told him the story. He had a hard time believing that it was unused, and said he had not heard of issues with those particular fences, but said he would look into the issue, and get back with me. I sent him the pictures that I posted here on the Creek, along with a couple of links to amazon reviews and forum posts where folks mentioned fence issues. Tuesday morning, the phone rang and it was Ranier from Delta customer service. He said "I was thinking about you on my way to work this morning, and I'm going to send you a new fence!"

Kudos to Delta for placing the customer first. I would buy Delta products again.

Jonathan

jonathan snyder
02-10-2007, 1:10 AM
Hi Folks,

Well FedEX backed into ther driveway today. The driver and I unloaded a large crate, which was about falling apart. Delta sent me the entire fence assemble, all 80 or so lbs of it!! FedEX 3 day service from MD to AK.

This fence is dead flat, Im a happy camper.

Once again kudos to Delta.

JOnathan