PDA

View Full Version : Router Table Lifts

Ed Weiser
11-30-2003, 6:01 PM
I am planning to build a new router table and want to incorporate a router lift in the table. I have a Dewalt 625 that is a bit heavy for hand use and would like to use this in the table. The Woodpecker folks make a device called a PlungeLift that probably would do what I want. Anybody have any experience with this product? Any comments or experiences with other router lift devices? I'm trying to avoid spending more on the router table than I spent on my 3 hp shaper!!!

As always, thanks to everyone for your help.

Ed Weiser

Jim Becker
11-30-2003, 6:09 PM
Ed, since you're planning on using a plunge router in your table, the PlungLift from Woodpeckers or the less expensive Router-Raizer make the most sense if that will be your table router going forward.

Jay Knoll
11-30-2003, 7:52 PM
Ed,

I installed a router raizer on my table last spring, it is great, the procedure was relatively straightforward, directions clear I had no problems other than the fact that I had to realign my router attachment to the base plate. With the way my base was attached to the plate before I purchased the router raizer, my fence would interfer with the access for the crank.

Jay

Derrell Sloan
11-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Hi Ed,

I have a DeWalt 625 in the plungelift from woodpeckers. I can not say enough good things about this combo. I highly reccomend the plungelift. The lift action works great and the plate itself is excellent. I did have one of the Rueseau phenolic plates before and found that it was a real pain to remove/replace the insert rings. Some folks have no problems with them, mine were always a pain. The inserts on the plungelift plate are great. They are very easy to change.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you go with the router raizer you will still most likely need a mounting plate. You get both with the plungelift for not that much more than the router raizer.

Mark Valsi
12-01-2003, 9:19 AM
I love my Incra router lifter, and the quick change collet is a dream !!