PDA

View Full Version : makita batteries and charger

aurelio alarcon
11-30-2003, 5:05 PM
I have an old makita stick battery drill. But I would like to know where I can get a charger and battery for this. I looked every where and found the charger with battery to cost about 90 dollars.

But I found the same style and brand (Makita), although new and don't know if it is the same quality, at amazon for 87 dollars which includes the drill, batteries, charger and case (the whole kit, not just the battery and charger like the one above). The one that I saw advertised for this price was the same stick type Makita battery. The batteries would work on my old drill as well as the new one. And by the way, my drill is old but it was seldom used for about 12 years. I took it apart and found that the grease was still clean and there weren't any shavings from the gears yet! This way I would have two excellent drilsl for the price of one?

My charger gave out. And all I have left is one battery. But the batteries are also very expensive. Any recomendations on where to get chargers and batteries really cheap? If not I will go with the amazon deal?

Gene Collison
11-30-2003, 7:06 PM
I have an old makita stick battery drill. But I would like to know where I can get a charger and battery for this. I looked every where and found the charger with battery to cost about 90 dollars.

But I found the same style, although new and don't know if it is the same quality, at amazon for 87 dollars which includes the drill, batteries, charger and case (the whole kit, not just the battery and charger like the one above).

My charger gave out. And all I have left is one battery. But the batteries are also very expensive. Any recomendations on where to get chargers and batteries? Or should I go with the amazon deal?

Aurelio,

I would buy the new kit without a doubt if the brand is a good one. I would even pay a few more bucks to make sure I got a good one. The old stick battery drills are becoming kind of dated anyway aren't they?

Gene

aurelio alarcon
11-30-2003, 7:47 PM
Aurelio,

I would buy the new kit without a doubt if the brand is a good one. I would even pay a few more bucks to make sure I got a good one. The old stick battery drills are becoming kind of dated anyway aren't they?

GeneThe one that I saw advertised for this price was the same stick type Makita battery. The batteries would work on my old drill as well as the new one. And by the way the drill is old but it was seldom used for about 12 years. I took it apart and found that the grease was still clean and there weren't any shavings from the gears yet! This way I would have two excellent drill for the price of one?

Michael Cody
11-30-2003, 11:11 PM

But I found the same style and brand (Makita), although new and don't know if it is the same quality, at amazon for 87 dollars which includes the drill, batteries, charger and case (the whole kit, not just the battery and charger like the one above). The one that I saw advertised for this price was the same stick type Makita battery. The batteries would work on my old drill as well as the new one. And by the way, my drill is old but it was seldom used for about 12 years. I took it apart and found that the grease was still clean and there weren't any shavings from the gears yet! This way I would have two excellent drilsl for the price of one?

My charger gave out. And all I have left is one battery. But the batteries are also very expensive. Any recomendations on where to get chargers and batteries really cheap? If not I will go with the amazon deal?

I posted you an answer on the "What cordless drill do I buy" thread.. check out ebay and save yourself a ton while keeping a good driver.