PDA

View Full Version : magnetic signs

Bill Cooke
02-07-2007, 3:11 PM
I am looking for some magnet sheet material for a company that wants me to make some signs for there vehicles. The only ones I have been able to find are only 12x24. The company wants the signs bigger than that. Does anyone know of a supplier that has sheet stock?
Bill

Joe Pelonio
02-07-2007, 3:27 PM
I buy it by the 2'x10' roll from Northwest Sign Supply in Seattle. They deliver daily free within the area to regular customer, otherwise you have to pay for UPS. They have other stores in Portland and Spokane.

Vicky Orsini
02-07-2007, 4:20 PM
I believe you can get Rowmark's sheets in 24X48 size as well. I don't know how well that'll stick to the side of a moving vehicle, though.

Bill Cunningham
02-08-2007, 9:28 PM
I'm in Canada, most of the larger sign supply houses stock it in rolls here. I'm sure it would be the same in the U.S... I don't use as much as I used to, but I used to buy .030 in 2' by 25' rolls, and it's usually sold by the sq ft..
If it's for vehicle use, don't buy the thin stuff or the first wind that gets under a corner will rip it right off... We used to, and still do, but not as much, cut it to 3.5 x 2" pieces and hot stamp it for fridge magnets.. The .030 stuff will hold a lot, compared to the usual .015-.020 stuff