PDA

View Full Version : Laser Tube

Gail LaPorte
02-07-2007, 1:18 PM
If your laser tube runs empty or what ever you call it. Can you get it refilled or do you have to send it back to the company you got it from? I was told I can get mine refilled anyplace.

Thaniks
Gail Laporte

Joe Pelonio
02-07-2007, 1:19 PM
If your laser tube runs empty or what ever you call it. Can you get it refilled or do you have to send it back to the company you got it from? I was told I can get mine refilled anyplace.

Thaniks
Gail Laporte
Post the make of your laser. With mine (Epilog) it has to go back to the factory in Colorado for replacement.

Gail LaPorte
02-07-2007, 1:21 PM
I have a Pinnacle 40 W. I was told I could get it filled anyplace. Was wondering if its true .
Gail LaPorte

James Stokes
02-07-2007, 2:44 PM
No it is not true. That was a salesman trying to make a sale.

Gail LaPorte
02-07-2007, 3:37 PM
THank you very much

Vicky Orsini
02-07-2007, 4:19 PM
I think what they meant by "anyplace" was that you don't have to go back to the manufacturer of the laser, like you do with Universal. You can go to the manufacturer of the laser tube itself if you want to - Synrad or Coherent, whichever. They usually offer an exchange program - pay for a freshly filled tube from them and send them yours to be refilled and sent on to the next guy,etc... So you're not down for weeks waiting for shipment of the new tube.

Mike Mackenzie
02-07-2007, 4:41 PM
Vicky,

I am not sure where you got that information, Synrad or Coherent will not exchange tubes. You have to send your tube to them and then they will fix the problem and return it back to you. This usually takes about three to four weeks.

P.S. because Universal manufactures there own tubes is the reason you would have to go back to them for repairs / re-charge

Vicky Orsini
02-07-2007, 5:16 PM
Sorry, Mike. Yes, I was mixing my information. You could go back to Synrad or Coherent instead of going to your manufacturer. My particular dealer offers an exchange program. Again, I believe that is what was meant by the salesman's comment.

Being a Pinnacle dealer, he was probably trying to point out why his laser tube is better than Universal's (just like the Epilog dealer did when I was looking for a laser). Just like the Universal dealer will tell you that the exact opposite proves that their tube is better than everyone else's. In the end, though, it's 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. ;)

Kevin Huffman
02-08-2007, 1:01 PM
Hello Everyone,

If the CO2 gas in the laser tube does find a way to escape, there are 2 options.
1. If you are in warranty, get the tube replaced via us.
2. If you are out of warranty, you can still send it to us or directly to Coherant to get the gas refilled.

Usually if there is an issue with a laser tube, it isn't the gas that is the issue. Usually it is the electronics inside the tube that fail before there is ever an issue with the CO2 gas.
I have been working with these lasers for 5 years now and out of all the tube issues I have seen only 1 has been because of gas. The seal broke and released the CO2 gas. The gas was still good, it just wasn't in the tube.

Dave Jones
02-08-2007, 6:27 PM
The gas was still good, it just wasn't in the tube.

ROFLMAO!!!!

George M. Perzel
02-09-2007, 6:26 AM
Dave;
Not sure what your reply means but I second it!
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Jeanette Brewer
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
George,

You don't have IM-ing teenagers at your house? :confused:

Rolling
On the
Floor
Laughing
My
Behind (edited)
Off

James Rambo
02-10-2007, 5:45 PM
George, I had to do a search for this also. (search for acronyms, go to bottom of page, second thread) It's a great list. jaime

Bill Cunningham
02-10-2007, 8:37 PM
:D The internet is a whole new language.. Most of us 'older' guys remember what the acronyms SNAFU and FUBAR meant (and still do)..and of course, NFG always meant "Not Functioning Good" :rolleyes: Every generation starts it anew!