PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pictures......Read Me Please.

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Please remember that if you upload the pictures to SMC, the pictures will stay with your post on SMC.

If you post on SMC and include links to something like Photobucket and you leave Photobucket or simply clean up your pictures on Photobucket, SMC gets to loose the pics you included as links in your post and we all get to look at those pretty red "X's" in place of your pictures.

Please remember: It's always best to upload your pics to SMC so that they will always remain with your post for many years to come. Your posts and pics are here for many member's benefit....as well all get to see your work, admire your work, and learn from your work.

Thanks for your understanding.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Dennis....I'd ask you to demonstrate how to post photos but I'm betting you've forgotten how to do it!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Mark Cothren
02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
OUCH!!! That's gonna leave a mark....:eek: :D

Christopher K. Hartley
02-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Gosh Ken, I thought I was the only one with hoof-in-mouth disease.:eek: :D Glad to have the company.;)

Dario Octaviano
02-07-2007, 12:33 PM
ROFLMAO!!!

You are wickedly bad Ken...I love it! LOL

Also Dennis...if the server the pictures are in goes down (for whatever reason)...the pics will not be available also.

I am guilty because I also find it easier to just cut and paste esp when cross-posting. :o I promise to behave next time.

Mark Pruitt
02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Dennis....I'd ask you to demonstrate how to post photos but I'm betting you've forgotten how to do it!:eek: :rolleyes: :D
Yeah, Ken, it seems like we've been hearing about a computer desk for a while but haven't seen pictures. Ya reckon Dennis is pullin' our leg?:D

Bernie Weishapl
02-07-2007, 1:13 PM
Boy Ken and Mark you guys bring out the big hammers. Holy cow Dennis you had better duck and run. :eek: :eek: :D :D

Barry Stratton
02-07-2007, 1:36 PM
Yeah, Ken, it seems like we've been hearing about a computer desk for a while but haven't seen pictures. Ya reckon Dennis is pullin' our leg?:D

I heard he sold his PM3520 to buy a mess of QS White Oak:eek:

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 1:37 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

Step away for just a few minutes to eat a little chicken noodle soup to help ease this soar throat of mine and I get slammed!!!!!!

Let's see now....Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth....no...not THAT far back......

Sheesh Ken.!!!!!!!!! I can't seem to remember how to post pics any more. :p :rolleyes: :D

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 1:39 PM

Hey now....I'd get SHOT if I posted some fla.....some fl......some flatwo.....well shoot.....some "flatwork" pic in here. :eek:

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 1:42 PM

Hey now......!!!!!!!!!!!! My PM3520 will never be for sale......well.....unless it to be a larger PM lathe of course. :)

I'm kinda partial to "PM Gold" being in my shop. Anybody wanna buy a very nice Jet JTAS-10XL with 50" rails? :rolleyes: :D

Mark Cothren
02-07-2007, 1:44 PM

Now Barry... that is just a flat-out lie... I don't know where you heard that falsification...

The truth is he pulled the headstock off and welded it onto a frame and hooked it up with a 300-ft cord to power a golf cart that gets him back and forth to the mailbox. The only turning he does any more is when he does a donut at the end of his driveway.

Barry Stratton
02-07-2007, 1:45 PM
Now Barry... that is just a flat-out lie... I don't know where you heard that falsification...

The truth is he pulled the headstock off and welded it onto a frame and hooked it up with a 300-ft cord to power a golf cart that gets him back and forth to the mailbox. The only turning he does any more is when he does a donut at the end of his driveway.

Thanks for setting me straight. my apologies for spreading rumors Dennis!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2007, 1:48 PM
I'm sure glad Dennis is well liked here! Otherwise things could really get nasty!

Dennis what gauge wire do you use in that 300' extenstion cord?

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 1:50 PM
I'm sure glad Dennis is well liked here! Otherwise things could really get nasty!

Dennis what gauge wire do you use in that 300' extenstion cord?

ROFL!!!!!! It's only a #8 copper wire Ken. Cost me almost as much as the PM3520 for just the wire. But.....sure is nice ridding all the way to the mailbox at 2560RPM though. :p :D

Mark Cothren
02-07-2007, 1:53 PM
Here's a pic of Dennis is his cart... hey Dennis, is this how you load 'em up? :D

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 1:55 PM

OK Ken.....Hang loose a bit. I'm working on the instructions for posting pics here on SMC.

I may be slow, but I'm always sure. :rolleyes: or was I sure always?:confused: Shoot, can't remember now. Oh well....moving on. :o

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 1:56 PM
Here's a pic of Dennis is his cart... hey Dennis, is this how you load 'em up? :D

That musta been a picture of me in my younger days. I ain't that skinny no-mo.

Mark Pruitt
02-07-2007, 1:58 PM

.....and Bernie thought Ken and I had big hammers!!!:eek: :p :D

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 2:17 PM
Posting Pictures How To:

Many times throughout ones woodworking hobby or profession, one has the desire to post a picture on SMC or said woodworking forum for others to see, admire, or even critique ones work. I'll do my best to explain the best way to post a picture here on SMC so that the integrity of said post will remain fully intact throughout the history of SMC.

There are many ways that one can post a picture on a forum. One way is to simply upload the picture when composing a new thread and including the picture, appropriately sized to 600 by 400 pixels so it doesn't scroll off the screen.

Another popular way is to include an external link to a photo site that one may be using, like PhotoBucket. Herein lies the problem.

If we attach a picture to our post via an external link to Photobucket, then when we need to clean up our bucket on Photobucket, we accidentally dump the pics that were on SMC as external links into the bottomless pit called the "bit bucket". When this happens, our picture bucket has fallen deeply into the IT worlds bit bucket and causing our pictures to enter the black hole of the bucket and then our SMC external link pictures only show up as the ever popular Red X.
Now, if we had put our pics in the SMC bucket of picture respostories, then we wouldn't have to worry about the SMC bucket running dry and loosing our now bucket proofed pictures in our post. We have a friendly neighborhood Administrator that looks after the SMC bucket of respositories to best ensure that we never loose a post or picture. So go ahead....upload those pics to the SMC bucket so that we never loose those pics into the vast array of bit buckets that are always chasing us in the IT world.

So there you have it...short, sweet, and to the point. :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
02-07-2007, 3:49 PM
There is a sticky at the top of the Support Forum that details using the in-line attachment method which is handy for mixing text and pictures.

Paul Engle
02-07-2007, 4:20 PM
oh , severial and many marks..... skinny ???? cool off forum pic tho...:D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2007, 5:01 PM
Off forum?......In that photo....the wheels are turning...round....his head is skewed to look left at the camera......that's turning!;) :rolleyes: :D

Jonathon Spafford
02-07-2007, 5:44 PM
Off forum?......In that photo....the wheels are turning...round....his head is skewed to look left at the camera......that's turning!;) :rolleyes: :D

Oh yeah... and his eyes are gouged out! Or is that sunglasses! ;) :D