PDA

View Full Version : Queen sized head board idea's?

Dick Heifner
02-06-2007, 7:53 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking for idea's for a queen size head board. Any help out here?
Thanks, Dick

Andrew Chavchich
02-22-2007, 6:51 PM
Here is a primitive one but came out very nice.
12" red oak from Home Depot.

Just found that I cannot post attachements any more.
Why?

Travis Hirst
02-22-2007, 7:03 PM
That's not nice I was looking forward to the picture as I too am looking for inspiration.

Jim Becker
02-22-2007, 8:02 PM
Here is a primitive one but came out very nice.
12" red oak from Home Depot.

Just found that I cannot post attachements any more.
Why?

The restriction is in this specific forum Andrew. Please read the "sticky" thread at the top of the Plans Forum.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Ron Hedrick
03-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I made a Queen Size headboard that looks pretty good and is very simple to make.
1) Buy 2 qty standard 6 Panel Doors.
2) Cut off the lower panel
3) Butt the 2 panels together, they will be the perfect width for a Queen Size mattress and boxspring. (I used a piece of 1" x 3" in the back to pin and glue the 2 panels together)
4) I then used a piece of flat molding to cover the seam in the front. I also ran a 2 inch strip down each outer edge of the doors. This adds depth/thickness to the headboard and leaves more depth for the crown molding on the sides.
5) I used a piece of 1" x 6" cut to length to make a shelf that I place atthe top. I then wrapped the shelf with crown molding on the fron and short pieces on the 2 sides.
You can then either paint or stain the headboard. Looks pretty good.

Paul Wingert
03-14-2007, 5:19 PM
I plan to build this one, from woodsmith magazine when I get time. I have the magazine, but you could probably get a back issue.

http://plansnow.com/headpattern.html

Andrew Chavchich
03-31-2007, 9:13 PM
Here is the headboard I wanted to post last month.
If you haven't finish you bed already.

Dar Lounsbury
04-01-2007, 1:29 PM
Jim, Why am I unable to view attached images, such as the one posted by Andrew.

Richard Mullin
04-01-2007, 6:51 PM
I got the following:

Richard Mullin, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Charley Preston
04-03-2007, 8:37 PM
I think Jim mentioned you have to be a "contributor" to view attachments, so basically you have to pay $6 to be able to use this forum.

Garry Smith
04-25-2007, 3:46 PM
Here is and link to some construction photos when I made my headbaord/footboard last year.
Hope you are able to view it. Seems things have changed around here.
Garry
http://www.superwoodworks.com/Projects/ArchedBed.htm

http://www.superwoodworks.com/images/ArchedBed/HeadFootboard1.JPG

Scott Taylor
05-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Garry,

What is the trim wood? Is that Cherry? It looks like quilted maple on the panels, but this screen isn't doing your work justice.

Scott

Garry Smith
05-28-2007, 8:32 AM
Garry,

What is the trim wood? Is that Cherry? It looks like quilted maple on the panels, but this screen isn't doing your work justice.

Scott
You are correct Scott that the "trim" is cherry but the panels are curly yellow brch or sometimes called flamed birch.

Garry

Steve Busey
07-27-2007, 7:04 PM
New here to the creek! I realize this is an older thread, but wanted to show this idea that's been in my "to do - someday" file. I don't know where I found the photo, but I like the idea, although SWMBO wants more of an island scene than a mountain.