PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good deal?

Liem Tran
02-06-2007, 6:17 PM
I bought a used Jet dp-17mf and a Jet jj-6cs today. I paid $500 for both. Both are in good working order. Just some minor rust. These 2 are the older models (blue not white). I have both tools already but wanting to replace my old dp anyway. Don't know what I'll do with the jointer yet, but I just couldn't pass up the deal. Is the Jet jointer better than the Ridgid? If it is I'll sell the Ridgid and keep the Jet. Pics will be added later.

Thanks

Mike Cutler
02-06-2007, 6:45 PM
Liem.

It's always difficult trying say whether or not something is a good deal. Geographic location always has an impact.
Best advice I could give you is that if you are happy with the purchase, and the machines are in good working order. Than it was worth it for you.

I can tell you that the drillpress is a nice one. The hammerheads at work have been beating on one for over 15 years and haven't broke it yet. God knows they've tried on occasion too.

Jim Becker
02-06-2007, 7:55 PM
Chances are, unless there are any major problems with the machine, that was a good buy, Leim. The blue color indicates they are prior to 1998 or so versions...the first "ivory" Jet gear carried the "Anniversary Edition" logo. My DP is the same one as yours, but in the ivory color. Excellent machine. I also owned the 6" jointer and it was a great tool.