PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Use Supercoat Epoxy Paint?

Mike Goetzke
02-06-2007, 9:22 AM
I've been looking at epoxy coatings for my garage/shop floor. I've seen many have used Rustoleum/SherwinWilliams/Ucoatit/etc, but, I stumbled on a product called Supercoat that Sam's Club sells on-line for $70/250sq.ft.. It includes the flakes/anti-skid/clear coat. You can also see it at www.supercoat.us (http://www.supercoat.us/) (where it sells for $120 for the same kit).

Has anyone used this brand coating?

EDITED: My garage floor, at times, exhibits signs of moisture - dark color/white powder in small areas. Supercoat claims this is not a problem with their product but is with other epoxy products. Their claim: "SUPERCOAT is the only coating to feature "WET Chemistry" (Waterborne Epoxy Technology), which actually allows the coating to "breathe", thereby eliminating blisters that eventually cause chipping and peeling."

Thanks,

Mike

Faron Dunn
02-06-2007, 9:44 AM
Mike,

I,ve just build a new 30 X 50 woodshop, and several people have recommended the Sherwin Williams product, which is a little pricey. One of them does it for a living, so he should (I Hope) know what he is talking about.
I went ahead and bought enough to do my shop, but I haven't had the time to lay it down.

My 2 cents!

Faron

Chris Jenkins
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Mike,

I used the Sherwin Williams Solvent based Tile Clad and though it stank it has been a pleasure in my basement! I am more happy with this stuff than other epoxy products I have used in the past. The solvent base is deffiently harder than the water based products I have used in the past.

I have some extra sealed gallons of this stuff if you are intersted. Take a look at my website (http://unkis17.googlepages.com/index.htm) under the construction log to see some pics of it after I put it down. PM and we discuss further if you have any questions.

Joe Chritz
02-06-2007, 4:12 PM
No, but..

I have used some of the garage floor coating available at the borg. Rustoleum I believe it is.

The stuff is brutal tough once cured. I have yet to mark it unless I actually chipped up a concrete chunk.

Is your moisture coming through the floor or condensing on top? Try to tape down plastic trick to see.

Joe

Joe

Douglas Robinson
02-06-2007, 4:50 PM
I coated my 12 x 22 garage shop floor with this product. With the issues you list on your present floor, preparation is crucial. You will have to completely clean the floor and patch it where necessary. Cracks must be repaired. The product needs to be applied in warmer weather as well. I love the end result. One thing I would do differently is NOT use the flakes. The look good in some ways, but make it harder to find things I drop.

Good Luck.

Doug