PDA

View Full Version : Going mobile

Rick Beko
02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
As I am building my cyclone I am rethinking where my machines are positioned in the shop. I am considering putting my P20 scroll saw and Jessem router table on casters...not a mobile base. If I go down this route all the casters will lock both the wheel and the swivel component. Any thoughts on whether these can be mobile assuming the casters stay stationary?

Bernhard Lampert
02-06-2007, 8:05 AM
Rick,
I put all my equipment on Zambus Casters (zambus.com). They are leveling swivel casters. The equipment can be leveled and lifted slighly above the floor by turning a thumb wheel build into the casters. I found that regular casters, even those that have a swivel lock are just not stable enough and allow for too much play even when locked.
The Zambus casters are not cheap, last set I ordered was $143 delivered for a set of 4 ACM300, 660lbs capacity per caster. They come in either stem or plate configuration up to several 1000's lbs capacity per caster.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Dave Falkenstein
02-06-2007, 8:52 AM
I have a large router table on Lee valley casters. Works great and never moves when locked in place.