PDA

View Full Version : Corel dpi issue

Matthew Sullivan
02-05-2007, 3:19 PM
Hello all,

I've been having this issue with corel since I started up. Whenever I select anything besides 333 dpi in my driver to send to the laser the image or vectoring job either increases or decreases in size. For example, if I have a project to cut/egrave and I send it to the laser at 500 dpi, the image will be much smaller then that of which I sent it. Also if I send it to the laser at 166 dpi in the driver then the image will be much larger then that of which I sent it. This problem only happens in corel. I use any other cad program (Vectorworks, Open Office DRAW ) and this issue is not present. Any help would be appreicated, I'd like to break the 333 dpi barrier! haha.

Thanks in advance

Matthew Sullivan

Gary Hair
02-05-2007, 3:58 PM
That sounds like a driver issue, not Corel. If I send a 2" x 2" image it engraves 2" x 2" irregardless of the dpi of the image or laser.

I would uninstall and reinstall your laser driver and see if that helps. If not, I would call your laser tech support.

Gary

Jim A. Walters
02-05-2007, 5:23 PM
What laser do you have?

Matthew Sullivan
02-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I see. So I will definetly give the install uninstall a shot this afternoon and thanks so much for the advice. I don't know for sure if it's a driver issue, however it very well might be. The reason I say this is because any other program I use cuts and engraves perfectly at any dpi, except corel.

Thanks again guys

Matthew Sullivan