PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting a New G0555

Bobb G
02-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I just finished putting together my new G0555 and have some questions about adjustment.

I ordered the riser kit for the saw, which included a 105" blade. I'm having trouble getting the blade around both wheels. I have the tension off and still can't get it on.

I noticed in the instructions something about adjusting the tensioner adjustment. Do I have to adjust this to get the blade on the wheels?

This is my first bandsaw, so I'm not entirely sure what to do. Are there good instructions on how to adjust the saw from scratch? I'm not too thrilled with the instructions that Grizzly provides. It should list what size wrenchs are needed, etc.

Roy Wall
02-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Bob,

Sometimes on these saws you have to get the tension rod really down to the last coupl threads...then maybe tap lightly with your hand to see if the upper wheel will "seat" just a touch more....just a thought...
I have to get the tension completely off on my Jet 14" because of the same scenario....not much "wiggle room".......

Art Davis
02-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I just finished putting together my new G0555 and have some questions about adjustment.

I ordered the riser kit for the saw, which included a 105" blade. I'm having trouble getting the blade around both wheels. I have the tension off and still can't get it on.

I noticed in the instructions something about adjusting the tensioner adjustment. Do I have to adjust this to get the blade on the wheels?

This is my first bandsaw, so I'm not entirely sure what to do. Are there good instructions on how to adjust the saw from scratch? I'm not too thrilled with the instructions that Grizzly provides. It should list what size wrenchs are needed, etc.

Bobb,

Had the same problem with my new G0555 about two years ago. The problem, as I recall, was that I was just too cautious about backing off on the tension. Just unwind that sucker! I finally wound up calling Grizzly,and they were very helpful. I might be misremembering the solution (as I age, the gray cells fall apart), but give Griz a call. They seemed to be very receptive to helping a neophyte out.

Art