PDA

View Full Version : Since falling into the Creek/Gloats

Greg Cole
02-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Since I found the creek, I've really enjoyed seeing much of the how to that comes along with the project pics and learned much from some of the shop tours. I've found an interest in the Neander methods of doing and also added a few "essential" items to the shop after reading up on advice & posts from The Creekers. Collectively you guys are a wealth of information and an inspiration to me to elevate my efforts and turn out higher quality results. I don't aim to be "the best" but continually strive to be better every chance I get and the Creek offers me many of those chances.
All the Neander stuff is new as of December (and the collection has grown but the new additions aren't in the photos just yet).
The JET DC is new and the best $ spent in a LOOOONG time, not sure why I put that off but reading thats a common "last thought" item. If you're thinking about buying a DC system and can afford it, DO IT!
The KC WW'ING gave me the chance to bring home the INCRA TS fence, RT and joinery package and router lift.... show was too crowded to move around on Saturday, but I managed to get 90" rails and all out the door (only bumped about 200 people with the hand truck of goodies) and most installed by dinner time Sat night. Finished up the RT install etc on Sunday and got the TS on a Shop Fox base with extension for the legs on the TS fence (small shop so mobility is a must), now just need a DC box for the router table. Best of all I was able to de-commission the 'BORG version of a RT (BOSCH) and donated it to a neighbor. I hated that thing and did everything I could to avoid using it, hence leaving the all too useful router idle for long time periods.

Roy Wall
02-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Greg -

Congrats on the new purchases...they look great! The neander tools you have are a very good base and will do lots of work for you. You'll love the smoother and the block plane.

Sorry I missed you at the KC show.....

Jim Becker
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Some great shop additions there! Congrats, Greg!

Don Bullock
02-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Congratulations. Nice set of tools. We are both getting our shops outfitted with the tools we need. I'm looking forward to the WoodWorks show in Ontario, CA this month. I've never been to one before.

The INCRA TS fence is something I'd love, but since my old Craftsman table saw will have to be replaced as soon as possible I'm waiting until then. Let us know how you like it.

Greg Cole
02-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys, your replies are exactly what I meant about wanting to be better. For a hobby that has until very recently been self taught or simply looking at how a piece was made and saying "I can do that", a place like this is AWESOME. Hate to admit it, but the LOML sort of prompted me into home improvements from her watching Trading Spaces & hearing her think out loud "I know you could do this" (along with reading between the lines ofthis, that and every other thing). My somewhat obsessive nature took a couple room remodels to me taking the 2 car garage and making a
In regards to the INCRA stuff, I didn't use the router lift-table-wonderfence combo. After 2 years with the Bosch (P.O.S.) I know I will love it... going to try to "introduce" myself to it tonight if my 5 year old allows. He's the shop supervisor and makes me manage my time wisely.
The TS fence and I are already well aquainted and and I don't miss the Beisemeier copy that came with my General TS. Although the sale of the existing fence helped take the edge off the INCRA purchase..... a little anyway , like almost "paid" the sales tax.
I used the INCRA to re-cut some panels of 3/4" ply for a bed I am making for the above mentioned supervisor. I was thinking they were square when cut on the stock fence, with the INCRA fence I KNOW they are square.

Steve Clardy
02-05-2007, 7:30 PM
May have bumped into you at the ww show.
Lots of bodies there.