PDA

View Full Version : Delta Air Cleaner model 50-875

Rick Levine
02-04-2007, 8:55 PM
I finished hanging my two Delta air cleaners and they work great except I can't get either one to work with the remote control. I tried all the usual tests; fresh batteries, testing each control on each machine but nothing works. I can hit the buttons on the units and that is the only thing that will start them. These are two new units and the only thing that is suspecious about the whole thing is the photo illustration in the manual. It points to a bolt head indicated by "E" and calls it the power light. Any ideas?

Rick Cabot
02-04-2007, 9:35 PM
Hi Rick
I have two JDS remote units. Make sure the remote power is off. Turn one of the units on manually. Then cycle the timer control on the unit with the manual switch; try all time units, 1 hr., 2 hr. etc. Then hit the manual time button again to turn the unit off. Now try the remote.

By the way, I know you said that you placed new batteries in the remotes. If you have a voltmeter, I would double check the batteries to make sure they are charged. Hope this helps.
Rick Cabot

Rick Levine
02-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Rick (and I mean Cabot),

You're a genius. I did what you suggested and it worked. Now, why didn't Delta put that in the manual? Who needs them when we have Sawmil Creek!

Thanks.

Rick Cabot
02-05-2007, 7:01 AM
Hi Rick
Glad to see that everything is working well. I forgot to mention (I don't know whether the Delta manual states) that the placement of dual filters is important. To create a circular "cleaning" pattern in your shop, make sure that each suspended filter is directly across from each other (the sides should be parallel), five to ten feet from the wall of the shop (depending on size) and that the input or exhaust sides are facing in opposite directions from each other. Good luck.

Regards Rick Cabot

Rick Levine
02-05-2007, 1:37 PM
Rick,

Actually, I have only one of the filters in the shop (24X28), one in a separate finishing room (the non remote model) and one in my darkroom so there will be no problem with circulation.

Thanks for the info.

Howard Boehm
12-28-2017, 1:51 PM
What do you mean when you say make sure the remote power is off