PDA

View Full Version : Leon Robbins

Dean Lapinel
02-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Leon sold his co. in 1999 so the Crown plane co. still exists but I'd like to know if Leon is still making and selling planes. Anyone know?

Dean

Martin Shupe
02-04-2007, 1:24 PM
Dean, I asked this same question over at WC, I'll let you know if I fiind out anything.

Manny Hernandez
02-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Dean,
I don't have a definite answer for you, but I remember the Woodbutcher tool store in Woolwich, Maine used to sell his planes. Last time I visited Maine was about four years ago and picked up a small Leon Robbins block plane from that store. They had quite a number of his planes. The lady that was helping me says "Oh, my dad makes these" So, I bet if you call the Woodbutcher they may have some information.

Manny

Matthew Dworman
02-06-2007, 9:29 AM
His planes were being sold on the Flea Bay a while back - the seller's name was "Donovansbench". He gave some story that Leon was still making a few planes here and there and he was selling them on Leon's behalf. I had him marked as a "Favorite seller" so I could check out what was available, but there was about 6 months in a row with nothing, so I erased it. I just checked his ebay profile and it had a link to his website www.donovansbench.com (http://www.donovansbench.com) where there are some pictures of Leon's planes, but no information about them. You could also try contacting him as his phone # is on the web-site. He might have some info...

Good luck,
Matthew