PDA

View Full Version : Vector Cutting Table Plans

Jeffrey Schacher
02-03-2007, 5:11 PM
Hello Everyone !
I am new here and want to post a Vector cutting table I made for my Laserpro Mercury Laser. I cut the 4 sides out of 1/4 Plexiglass with ventilation holes in it.Then I bought a Aluminuim Window shade from a home center and cut it apart. Then I just set the Slats in the notches in the table for the size of work I am doing. Get little or no flare back when it cuts across the slats. Cost was under 10 bucks! Hope it helps out some one else also!

Gary Hair
02-03-2007, 9:04 PM
I have a background in drafting and can usually visualize a drawing pretty easily but I am just not seeing your end result. Do you have a photo of the result?

Gary

Todd Schwartz
02-03-2007, 9:26 PM
How about version 12 for us that are a little slow to upgrade:)

Thanks,

Todd

Martin Reynolds
02-04-2007, 12:45 AM
I played with it a little bit - looks like this version is about 19 x 18. I an thinking about building one with deeper sides, and holes cut for computer-style fans. Some of the plastics I cut leave a thick cloud that hangs around under the grid and settles on the material and metal. Small fans would help move that out, and acrylic is the ideal support material.

Mitchell Andrus
02-04-2007, 2:59 PM
Jerry,

Have a lookat something I made a while ago:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=38692

It works great, although I think I'll be adding a second fan. Also, aluminum screen eventally fails. McMaster has stainless that holds up much better.

Mitch

Jeffrey Schacher
02-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Here is a photo and 2 new files V12 and V13
I am sorry I uploaded the wrong CDR File the first time,and didnt know it!
Here is the amended version .The Pic is small and working on makeing it bigger to upload

Carol VanArnam
02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Jeff I love it- thanks. Is there a problem with the vectored pieces falling through between the slats? It looks like they wouldn't because they are so close together. Why did you make this why not just use the cutting grid that came with your machine? Does this jig do something better than the grid that came with your machine? Hmmm- can I make it out of wood or does it need to be acrylic?

Jeffrey Schacher
02-06-2007, 1:03 AM
I Dint get one with my machine. I used Acrylic just because i wanted to see how well i would work. You could make it out of wood also. I made the slat opening at 1/2 inch apart,but it could be made to 1/4 inch and use more slats is all. The pieces I have cut have been teflon gasket material,to Acrylic and wood pieces. and no problems with fall out .