PDA

View Full Version : File won't print!

Joe Pelonio
02-03-2007, 2:38 PM
Would someone please open this file, and see if you get the same thing I do.

A customer sent it to me, I opened it in Corel 12 and when I click file the "print" and "print preview" are grey, not available. Can't figure out why. It's a
hairline around the shape with 1 pt lines to engrave within.

George M. Perzel
02-03-2007, 3:09 PM
Hi Joe;
Opened your file in X3 and got the same results or lack therof-grayed out Print and Print Preview. Played around with it and could not get it to change. Copied image and pasted it in new Corel drawing and Print is Ok- weird why original won't print. What version of Corel was used to make it?
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Shaddy Dedmore
02-03-2007, 3:10 PM
If you open up Tools -- Object Manager, you'll see that there's a layer called DEFPOINTS and it's set not to print. Click on the printer icon in the object manager and enable it, then you can print and preview.

Shaddy

Ron Wiik
02-03-2007, 3:10 PM
I did not open this file, but I had a file once that did not complely print. If you check the layer properties, printing might be disabled.

Tony Lenkic
02-03-2007, 3:14 PM
Hi Joe,

I opened it in X3 and was able to laser it just fine.
My laser is ULS V-400.
Have you tried any other job today (maybe something with machine)?.

Tony @ MCE

Ashton Waters
02-03-2007, 3:23 PM
Joe,

It printed fine on mine. I just imported the file, set up a fast, low power run and off it when. It did not vector cut it out even though I told it to.

Ashton

Joe Pelonio
02-03-2007, 3:42 PM
Thanks for all of the fast replies! The file was created in X-3 and saved as 12 by the customer.

Turns out that Shaddy's (& Ron)suggestion works. I didn't think about layers for such a simple design.

Back to it now. Thanks again!!