PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta WW Show - VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Sam Chambers
02-27-2003, 9:45 AM
If you're coming to the Atlanta WW show this weekend, be forewarned. You don't want to go on Friday night. Why not? Read on...

The show is held at the Gwinnett Civic and Cultural Center in Duluth, GA. In the last month or so, a new 13,000 seat arena has opened on the same campus. It hosts a minor league ice hockey team, an arena football league team as well as concerts. And guess what's happening Friday night?

Bruce Springsteen is playing there on Friday night, that's what.

So what, you say? Well, the campus does not have anough parking to handle a sold out show at the arena. There are satellite lots nearby, with shuttle busses. Also, traffic around teh arena was a nightmare at last Friday's George Strait concert. They promise to do better this Friday, but traffic planning is still in the learning curve.

So, you might want to re-think your plans if you're planning on going to the WW show on Friday evening. The show starts at 1:00 and goes through 9:00, so if you get there early in the afternoon, you should be OK as far as parking goes. But I read this morning that they'll be making some of the streets around the place one-way this evening, so you may have trouble getting out if you stay much past 5:00 or 6:00.

Just thought you'd like to know. And please don't shoot the messenger!

Sam/Lawrenceville

:D

Stan Thigpen
02-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the info. I found out about the Springsteen concert when I was unable to book my usual hotel in the area, but I didn't realize how it would impact on the already limited parking situation. I plan to arrive around the opening time of 1:00 PM and hope I can find parking at that time.:confused: