PDA

View Full Version : Important info for the safety of your family.

Chuck Beland
02-03-2007, 4:03 AM
I have no connection to this company A friend from another forum posted this & I wanted to share this with my friends here. This is very important info for the safety of your family & also your belongings.

Please look at it.

Chuck

http://www.peiferlock.com/alert-bump-keys.htm

Randal Stevenson
02-03-2007, 4:18 AM
Actually it's old news. It made national news last year, although it's an old idea. Now the locksmiths I know, say it takes them longer to bother making the keys, then to pick the locks.

David G Baker
02-03-2007, 9:31 AM
I have no connection to this company A friend from another forum posted this & I wanted to share this with my friends here. This is very important info for the safety of your family & also your belongings.

Please look at it.

Chuck

http://www.peiferlock.com/alert-bump-keys.htm
I have the impression that most thieves, other than pros which are in the minority, generally use force to enter buildings. The terms that are used almost always in the nightly news are "breaking and entering" when ever buildings are entered for theft.
It is still better to be safe than sorry so any extra thing that can be done to discourage criminals from entering homes is always a good idea.
David B

Jason Roehl
02-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I was going to say that picking a lock or using a bump key is about the slowest way to get into most buildings. I suppose better locks would discourage at least some criminals, though--those below a certain intelligence threshhold.

Rick Potter
02-05-2007, 2:48 AM
Depends on the IQ of the thieves.
For example:

My 86 year old aunt lives in Mesa AZ, and has an 87 or so Pontiac she only drives to the store and doctor. Last year she put gas in it ONCE, and didn't use it all.

Anyway, in that area it is a favorite car for lowriders, and several people have knocked on her door trying to buy it. One night, someone tried to steal it and broke out the back window to get into the car, did a lot of damage to the ignition, radio, steering column, and window moldings when they broke the window.

The car was unlocked at the time.:confused:

Rick Potter