PDA

View Full Version : 34 Degrees CENTEGRADE

Jim King
02-02-2007, 1:57 PM
No frost here tonight, having a mild winter.

Phyllis Meyer
02-02-2007, 2:00 PM
Hi there,

We finally have our cold weather here in Wisconsin. It will be -3 tomorrow with the windchill they are predicting -26:)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Phyllis

Bruce Page
02-02-2007, 2:51 PM
Go ahead and rub it in....

You get that big bowl turner delivered yet?

John Bailey
02-02-2007, 4:18 PM
Just can't stand that hot weather. As I recall 34 C. is getting pretty close to 100 F. You can keep it. They're predicting below 0 F. tonight with windchills in the -20's F.

Home Sweet Home:)

John

Tom Pritchard
02-02-2007, 8:52 PM
Just can't stand that hot weather. As I recall 34 C. is getting pretty close to 100 F. You can keep it. They're predicting below 0 F. tonight with windchills in the -20's F.

Home Sweet Home:)

John

John, I'm with you! I can't take the hot weather at all. We're going to be close to 0 F tomorrow night, with 40-50 MPH winds. We'll be all snuggled up around the fireplace, or I'll be in my shop working. I love winter, and I love it cold!

Tim Martin
02-02-2007, 9:58 PM
brrr! Some chilly temps there. It doesn't even get that cold in the ski fields in Australia during the winter.

Here in Melbourne, Australia today it will get to about 95F and then the next 2 days will probably hit 104F!:( With the relative humidity getting down to about 12-14%, you should see what it does to wood that was dead flat a few days before:eek: .:mad:

Brett Baldwin
02-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Jim, we are only going to make it to 25-28C this coming week but I guess I'll just have to cope. Sounds like Melbourne is similar to Phoenix Tim, though our humidity is usually lower than that in summer. We're having a mild winter as well with our next week or so up into the mid 70s(F). The main difference I've noticed here from places up north (like Illinois where I grew up) is that we generally have between 20 and 30 degree difference between morning and afternoon where elsewhere, it is more like 10 to 15. It really makes riding a motorcycle here an exercise in layering where I'm bundled up on the way to work and carrying it all home in my backpack on the way home. Somehow I manage to persevere though and ride year-round.

Jim Dunn
02-03-2007, 8:59 AM
7F here this morning. At least I don't have to cut the grass year round.

David G Baker
02-03-2007, 9:15 AM
It is around 5* here in Mid Michigan this morning. I too like the cold as long as I can dress for it.
All of the folks that are rubbing it in when it is cold up here may be in for a "BIG" surprise in a few years if the global warming thing keeps getting worse. We will be wearing sweaters and mowing our lawns in the Winter while they may be riding camels through their sand dunes.
David B

Michael Gibbons
02-03-2007, 9:56 AM
I'm with John. I don't know if I could handle Peru's climate. Don't they have a lot of creepy-crawly things? I don't mind the chaging of the seasons, It reminds me of what time of year it is:rolleyes: . Summer into fall means one thing; HUNTING SEASON!!!

Kyle Kraft
02-03-2007, 2:21 PM
We are experiencing a confirmed blizzard at this time. 40mph wind and lake effect snow. Temp is 10 deg. and wind chill is reportedly -30. I hope I don't get stuck at work:mad:

Jim King
02-03-2007, 4:04 PM
I can really say that the things I miss about the States are Ice fishing, deer hunting and Big Macs. This heat was not made for European blood. I have a good idea and am actually going to make a portable ice fishing house in the next couple of months to be shipped to Wisconsin. The locals will never believe what it is used for.

Tom Pritchard
02-03-2007, 4:13 PM
I can really say that the things I miss about the States are Ice fishing, deer hunting and Big Macs. This heat was not made for European blood. I have a good idea and am actually going to make a portable ice fishing house in the next couple of months to be shipped to Wisconsin. The locals will never believe what it is used for.

Hey Jim, here's a picture you can show them!!!

Jim King
02-04-2007, 8:18 AM
I can hear the fish alarm going off and see a flag going up.

David G Baker
02-04-2007, 9:38 AM
I can hear the fish alarm going off and see a flag going up.
Jim,
Up until a couple weeks ago the lakes in Michigan didn't have much ice on them. The ones that were frozen didn't have thick ice and were quite dangerous. The Winter sports and fishing in Michigan have started quite late this season. The last few days it has been in the neighborhood of zero degrees F through out most of Michigan. Let the Winter recreation begin.
I am one of those that can't take the heat and humidity anymore so I think I will stay in Michigan until my old bones can't take the cold any longer.
I don't think I would miss clearing my 300 foot gravel driveway.
David B

Bjorn Andersen
02-08-2007, 6:26 AM
Freeezing across the Atlantic too... but hey - not as bad as inland; -37C this morning; only -15C here.

The pic is from the fjords just outside Oslo; the skiing is done on the water, and the hills you can see are islands in the summer... And before there is any snow, you can walk for miles on skates:cool:

Al Willits
02-08-2007, 9:57 AM
Bit of a chill in the air here in Minn too, weatherbug say -12F with wind chills up to -40
Few days ago northern Minn had -40 and who knows what the wind chill was.
Most here are praying for a little gobal warming. :)

Bjorn, you'd feel right at home here..:)
Al

Rick Gibson
02-08-2007, 11:03 AM
We have been hovering around -5C for the last couple days which is a heatwave compared to the 4 or 5 days before that -15C to -18C and windchill of -30C or more. Used to think I wouldn'd the winter as much when I retired because I didn't really have to be anywhere any more. I find I mind it more. Don't even want to use the fireplace when it's this cold. Living room and kitchen heat up real nice but the rest of the house goes into deep freeze. Oh well spring isn't to far off.