PDA

View Full Version : Another attachment issue

Michael Gibbons
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
More often than not ,I click on a thread that has pics and the pics won't come up, just the text will. Usually I have to clear it out and try again, sometimes 3 or 4 times for the pics to show up. Is there something wrong with the way my computer is set up? Anyone?

Jim Becker
02-02-2007, 4:47 PM
MIchael...it's a timing issue that "should" go away once the new server is online. Blank pages and repeat posts are another symptom of the same. Aaron has been periodically resetting an interface on the current server which brings things back for awhile.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Aaron Koehl
02-02-2007, 4:54 PM
The problem should be resolved.. Blank pages should have been history for a week or two now. Are you running through a proxy?

Michael Gibbons
02-03-2007, 9:11 AM
I have no idea what a proxy server is. I'm using a Dell desktop home PC hooked up to a wireless router and hooked up to a sattelite system. Only some of the threads with posts show up.

Jim Becker
02-03-2007, 9:19 PM
Ah, satellite...what you could be experiencing is excessive delay and that will often time out download of images. Satellite unfortunately has very high latency (delay) just due to the physics involved (distance and the speed of light) and any introduced network delay can be more noticeable.